• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi J44 & J32

vigorcomp

Guys,

Does anybody know the differnce between Mitsubishi J32 and J44? :angry: Also did J44's come with floorboard gear originally?

J32 is the long wheel base Petrol/Gasoline version where as J44 is the diesel variant. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Answer for the second question is No. Being used and driven one of the very last produced specimens of J44, yet with steering column gear and 140kmph box. J56 is the one came with floor board gear and two lever operated 4WD case.

Ours is a J32, originally petrol (with a steering gear, IIRC). When converted to diesel it went in with a 3forward floor mounted gearbox, and later converted to a 4 forward. But both diesel engines came with the 2 lever (2wd/4wd and low/high range) 4wd box.

So I dont think the type of gearbox is specific to a chassis.

Ours is a J32, originally petrol (with a steering gear, IIRC). When converted to diesel it went in with a 3forward floor mounted gearbox, and later converted to a 4 forward. But both diesel engines came with the 2 lever (2wd/4wd and low/high range) 4wd box.

So I dont think the type of gearbox is specific to a chassis.

3 forward floor mounted gearbox is originally came with J3 and it was 4 forward floor board in J54/56 if I'm not mistaken. Also any floor mounted gearbox came with two lever unless some modification carried out to make it floor board. As for anything else it was steering column mounted and single lever 4wd control.

Gearbox is more specific to the model, say short wheel off road versions came with floor mounted and with two levers. All other models designed to carry three passengers in front including the driver, had steering column gear lever and single lever 4WD operation. That is for the ease of the passenger in the middle. Further, almost any part of these models can be interchanged easily, that's the beauty of good old stuff ;)

3 forward floor mounted gearbox is originally came with J3 and it was 4 forward floor board in J54/56 if I'm not mistaken. Also any floor mounted gearbox came with two lever unless some modification carried out to make it floor board. As for anything else it was steering column mounted and single lever 4wd control.

Gearbox is more specific to the model, say short wheel off road versions came with floor mounted and with two levers. All other models designed to carry three passengers in front including the driver, had steering column gear lever and single lever 4WD operation. That is for the ease of the passenger in the middle. Further, almost any part of these models can be interchanged easily, that's the beauty of good old stuff ;)

as i know petrol version of the J44 is J48 which came with 4G53 engine, J32 came with the JH4 engine, and all the J3x and J4x series came with steering gear and only the j5x (dunno much about the J3R) series came with floorboard gear, in J44/48 and the J32 the chassis are different as in J32 rear leaf spring are mounted to sumthing like a big nut (not a nut actually but dnt knw how to explain) cuming out of the chassis, as for the J44 the leaf's are mount to sum kind of a bracket and the front cross bar of the chassis of the J32 is much stronger and wider than of the J44/48, and J32 chassis use the original design (with little difference) of the CJ3B, and in J32 the original front signal light has only the turn signal only no body wide markers like in later models, dtz all i cn rmbr for now, if i rmbr more it will be here