• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Vista Ardeo

Hiran de silva

I am Interested in buying a very good condition 1999-2000 Toyota Vista Ardeo 2000cc Car JF-XXXX with only 78,000lk done , 1 owner , from a friend of mine who bought it brand new in japan , used for 4 years in japan and used 6 years in sri lanka, I know he used it only when visiting sri lanka every few months .

The Engine is 3S-FSE and a D4.

my concerns are

1. is the D4 Engine a known type and reliable?

2. Are Body / engine parts available for this model in delkanda ?

3. How much fuel economy should I get if every thing is O.K ( Km/L) ?

4. How much should I offer.?

your input is appreciated

hiran

Visit Website

Edited by Hiran de silva

I am Interested in buying a very good condition 1999-2000 Toyota Vista Ardeo 2000cc Car JF-XXXX with only 78,000lk done , 1 owner , from a friend of mine who bought it brand new in japan , used for 4 years in japan and used 6 years in sri lanka, I know he used it only when visiting sri lanka every few months .

The Engine is 3S-FSE and a D4.

my concerns are

1. is the D4 Engine a known type and reliable?

2. Are Body / engine parts available for this model in delkanda ?

3. How much fuel economy should I get if every thing is O.K ( Km/L) ?

4. How much should I offer.?

your input is appreciated

hiran

Visit Website

my biggest concern with the car is the fact that it's been rarely used over the past 6 years. a vehicle rarely used will give so much trouble when you start to use it often. anyway WTF is with the web site? i may be wrong at first impressions but to me it looks like a hidden advertisement!!!

Edited by isurujosh

No the website is an example of the car. the car is in sri lanka. I have not seen this model ever in sri lanka's roads.

I have test driven the car and it runs like a dream, though a little stiff in the suspension compared to my 1991 toyota vista diesel. got it scaned and found only a P0135- O2 sensor heater fail. thus a little rough idle but once the engine heats up idle is noise and vibrationless.

hmm... if you have never seen this car in SL, there is a good chance that you might find it difficult to find spare parts. From your explanation its 10 years old. You might need spares down the line. Just give some thought on this.