• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hyundai Santro..need Some Help From The Experts

firaz

Question

Dear Experts need your expert advice. I have a Hyundai Santro (2003 model) Recently felt the car to be very sluggish. Went & got a tune up & the regular things were changed, like air filter, plugs, fuel filter..throttle body & injectors were cleaned. Still the problem persisted, basically when i come to some incline on the road the car just does not move. Finally put it on the annalizer & found the that the knock sensor & idle speed sensor needed to be changed. Changed that as well, but no solution. Now the latest development is that the car suddenly became normall & started moving swiftly like before, but no sooner i on the a/c it becomes very sluggish & does not move at all. Present condition is that the car is fine without A/C, but no sooner i on the A/C it becomes almost impossibe to drive the car....what do you think the problem can be...I am really scared coz I do not know what to do next..please guys.. :unsure: . <_<

2 answers to this question

Dear Experts need your expert advice. I have a Hyundai Santro (2003 model) Recently felt the car to be very sluggish. Went & got a tune up & the regular things were changed, like air filter, plugs, fuel filter..throttle body & injectors were cleaned. Still the problem persisted, basically when i come to some incline on the road the car just does not move. Finally put it on the annalizer & found the that the knock sensor & idle speed sensor needed to be changed. Changed that as well, but no solution. Now the latest development is that the car suddenly became normall & started moving swiftly like before, but no sooner i on the a/c it becomes very sluggish & does not move at all. Present condition is that the car is fine without A/C, but no sooner i on the A/C it becomes almost impossibe to drive the car....what do you think the problem can be...I am really scared coz I do not know what to do next..please guys.. :unsure: . <_<

there's a possibility that your IAC valve has become either faulty or has got clogged wit debris etc...

once you switch on the AC this valve is supposed to raise your RPM so the engine can cope with the added load of the AC compressor.

But i'm guessing the "idle speed sensor" you replaced is none other than this IAC

When the car is stationery and switch the AC on...does your RPM go up?

If it doesn't...IAC is not working as it should an might be the culprit.

Another thing to check is your ignition timing...

If the timing is a bit retarded it will perform quite poorly.

there's a possibility that your IAC valve has become either faulty or has got clogged wit debris etc...

once you switch on the AC this valve is supposed to raise your RPM so the engine can cope with the added load of the AC compressor.

But i'm guessing the "idle speed sensor" you replaced is none other than this IAC

When the car is stationery and switch the AC on...does your RPM go up?

If it doesn't...IAC is not working as it should an might be the culprit.

Another thing to check is your ignition timing...

If the timing is a bit retarded it will perform quite poorly.

Thanks....i get try this & see..thanks again.