• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Axio Or Mazda Axela 2009?

Napster

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys....

What would be the best option? Toyota Axio or Mazda Axela 2009 ?

Axela looks perfect, lot of options, very new model and probably will be rarer than Axio... But second hand market :( ? Any advice?

was in a similar state of a dilemma. in the end decided for an axio by simply comparing the 2nd hand price of a 2001 323 and a 2001 121 (to gauge what happens to 2nd hand mkt prices after 10 years). difference is more than 1 mil!!! besides i have more faith on the toyota gear box than the mazda's.

was in a similar state of a dilemma. in the end decided for an axio by simply comparing the 2nd hand price of a 2001 323 and a 2001 121 (to gauge what happens to 2nd hand mkt prices after 10 years). difference is more than 1 mil!!! besides i have more faith on the toyota gear box than the mazda's.

Isuru... Machan have you seen/touched/driven the two models? Axela feels sooo good and when both cars are together the Axio is like a Vanette next to your Cefiro... ;) No offenses none taken....

Isuru... Machan have you seen/touched/driven the two models? Axela feels sooo good and when both cars are together the Axio is like a Vanette next to your Cefiro... ;) No offenses none taken....

have driven both these cars, axio is more of a family car look. the axela has a more sporty look, both these cars r good, but the mazda is a little bit shaky compared to the axio and then the price difference. im personally importing an axela(landing on the 28th). costing me close to 5.5+/- million, where as you can get a good axio for max 4.5-5mill.

have driven both these cars, axio is more of a family car look. the axela has a more sporty look, both these cars r good, but the mazda is a little bit shaky compared to the axio and then the price difference. im personally importing an axela(landing on the 28th). costing me close to 5.5+/- million, where as you can get a good axio for max 4.5-5mill.

ZuL... I think a price or a fully loaded Axio should not exceed 4 mil... anyway is this a brand new or an unregistered? i thought you can buy a recon Axela for the same price range....

Im also looking for a car around the 4 mil mark. Toyota Axio is the most obvious choice for many, hence it would be really common. How about the toyota rush? is it comparable with the axio, axela level in terms of performance, quality and second hand value?

so who was it that bothered so much to open up a thread to compare a vanette alike to a cefiro alike? judging by your comment we really have to question the wisdom behind opening the thread it self. No offenses none taken....

on a more serious note i did not recommend the axio because of its desirability or superior handling. on those two grounds axela wins the game 8 to 5 in my book. i cited the unparallel difference in terms of 2nd hand market value alone to bring a different perspective into the whole matter and i was quite specific about what i meant. the reference to gear box was merely about a perception on the durability and the efficiency of the one on the toyota. none relates to vehicle dynamics.

my younger bro dragged his friend's mazda3 (1.5L) and mind you our 10 year old honda city beat the shit out of it. but i concede that on cornering it was on a class of it's own. mazda3/axela is the best in terms of handling among the axio, axela, civic, lancer, sunny, vios, city family but it is not the fastest by any means, especially on a straight line. so please do not try to glorify axela too much to me.

i am not really sure between axio and axela what is faster on a straight line. will make it a point to drag our axio with your axela when the cars arrive.

Edited by isurujosh

i think your axela is unofficially brand new. i think an unofficially brand new axio would also cost the same amount.

my dealer actually promised 2007 axela for about 300k less than 2007 axio. but i understand that the gap will change for axela MK2.

so who was it that bothered so much to open up a thread to compare a vanette alike to a cefiro alike? judging by your comment we really have to question the wisdom behind opening the thread it self. No offenses none taken....

on a more serious note i did not recommend the axio because of its desirability or superior handling. on those two grounds axela wins the game 8 to 5 in my book. i cited the unparallel difference in terms of 2nd hand market value alone to bring a different perspective into the whole matter and i was quite specific about what i meant. the reference to gear box was merely about a perception on the durability and the efficiency of the one on the toyota. none relates to vehicle dynamics.

my younger bro dragged his friend's mazda3 (1.5L) and mind you our 10 year old honda city beat the shit out of it. but i concede that on cornering it was on a class of it's own. mazda3/axela is the best in terms of handling among the axio, axela, civic, lancer, sunny, vios, city family but it is not the fastest by any means, especially on a straight line. so please do not try to glorify axela too much to me.

i am not really sure between axio and axela what is faster on a straight line. will make it a point to drag our axio with your axela when the cars arrive.

Dude… In your perspective you are right ;) I think my wisdom tooth is growing in the wrong direction :D I started this thread honestly expecting to find some arguments in both ways… But I do understand now I had my mind set on an Axela over an Axio. Hopefully if I was able to get my hands on a new Axela, we should definitely make it a point to drag ;) Cheers mate…

Dude… In your perspective you are right ;) I think my wisdom tooth is growing in the wrong direction :D I started this thread honestly expecting to find some arguments in both ways… But I do understand now I had my mind set on an Axela over an Axio. Hopefully if I was able to get my hands on a new Axela, we should definitely make it a point to drag ;) Cheers mate…

all the best mate. i will always envy the desirability of your axela:)... will PM you when the axio arrives.

i think your axela is unofficially brand new. i think an unofficially brand new axio would also cost the same amount.

my dealer actually promised 2007 axela for about 300k less than 2007 axio. but i understand that the gap will change for axela MK2.

yep, my one is a 2010 brand new straight from the factory. yes the price if the axio depends on the year and the options. a x grade without any options would cost @ the range of 3.7-4mill. a more later year one with extra options could cost around the range i mentioned before. the axela is a 2009end model, this could mean 2 things, the tax is higher since only a year old for depreciation unlike the axio which can go upto 3 and a half years and since its only 1 year old, less used cars and the cost is somewhat more than an axio.

just sharing what i know through experience. just got 5 of my cars this week, waiting for the rest to come on the 28th.

isuru what do u mean 300k less? u mean at a range of around 3.2mill?

yep, my one is a 2010 brand new straight from the factory. yes the price if the axio depends on the year and the options. a x grade without any options would cost @ the range of 3.7-4mill. a more later year one with extra options could cost around the range i mentioned before. the axela is a 2009end model, this could mean 2 things, the tax is higher since only a year old for depreciation unlike the axio which can go upto 3 and a half years and since its only 1 year old, less used cars and the cost is somewhat more than an axio.

just sharing what i know through experience. just got 5 of my cars this week, waiting for the rest to come on the 28th.

isuru what do u mean 300k less? u mean at a range of around 3.2mill?

actually my dealer said 2.9 mil for the pre-facelift model. he has actually sold one axela already and i am sure it went for around about that price. his quotation for an axio was higher by about 300k.

actually my dealer said 2.9 mil for the pre-facelift model. he has actually sold one axela already and i am sure it went for around about that price. his quotation for an axio was higher by about 300k.

How much is the difference between the Axela new model and the old one Isuru? I am pretty sure the difference should be more than 1mil...

You mean to say that we can now get an unreg Axio for 2.9M?

whats the YOM of Mazda 3???? is it the full option model?

i called my dealer today as lot of friends were bugging me to check prices for them. he said he no longer can sell 2007 axela for 2.9 (although he sold his last shipment for that price) instead he said he now quotes a price of no more than 3.3 mil for 2007 mazda (MK1), and no more than 3.8 for axela MK2. looks like my dealer is also now spoilt by market's over enthuciasm. but anyway i don't care what happens now coz our deal for axio is now confirmed.

but on another note one of my friends had bought the following 2007 mazda axela for 3.1 mil (from some different dealer than my one)...

14277073.jpg

Edited by isurujosh

i called my dealer today as lot of friends were bugging me to check prices for them. he said he no longer can sell 2007 axela for 2.9 (although he sold his last shipment for that price) instead he said he now quotes a price of no more than 3.3 mil for 2007 mazda (MK1), and no more than 3.8 for axela MK2. looks like my dealer is also now spoilt by market's over enthuciasm. but anyway i don't care what happens now coz our deal for axio is now confirmed.

but on another note one of my friends had bought the following 2007 mazda axela for 3.1 mil (from some different dealer than my one)...

14277073.jpg

Machan change of heart after our quest after axelas today... Cancelled the order for this white one.. :violent-smiley-099:

Planning to go for a different colour... If I shouldn't mess with the original body colour, then I might as well go for a different colour straightaway... :alc:

Edited by Revvv

Machan change of heart after our quest after axelas today... Cancelled the order for this white one.. :violent-smiley-099:

Planning to go for a different colour... If I shouldn't mess with the original body colour, then I might as well go for a different colour straightaway... :alc:

yes changing the color of a new vehicle is not worth it as i explained to you yesterday. go for the one with the color you like. in any case avoiding white is good as it has least market value. but i wonder whether you can get it for as good a price.

yes changing the color of a new vehicle is not worth it as i explained to you yesterday. go for the one with the color you like. in any case avoiding white is good as it has least market value. but i wonder whether you can get it for as good a price.

Will let u know the details of spec and price once I get one to match my criteria.... :angry-smiley-048:

Has ur dealer given a final price on that Axela yet....?

Will let u know the details of spec and price once I get one to match my criteria.... :angry-smiley-048:

Has ur dealer given a final price on that Axela yet....?

My dealer hasn't given the final price yet but some other guy got in touch with me and said he can give a silver 2007 axela triptronic for 3.1 mil.