• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Retirement Of Muralidaran

mirage7777

Is he a Chucker or not?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Is he a Chucker or not?

• Not a Chucker
    • Chucker

Hi Cricket fans,

I'm sure all are aware that MM is retiring after the Galle Test.

I've opened a poll to see whether there is any one who still thinks he is a chucker- even though he has been cleared SO MANY TIMES, by all and sundry.

IMO - we'll never get another Murali for a number of years. I'm referring to a culmination of his talent[no one can deny he has talent], dedication [hard-working - willing to learn & toil all the time], courage [to withstand all the BS & brickbats during various stages of his career], temperament [he can get hammered for plenty - but will come back with a wicket or two] & personality[the smiling assassin --always with a pleasant smile on his face].

Well --all are welcome to their opinions - pls comment & vote.

Edited by mirage7777

I hope you guys saw this 'Bedi calls for ban on doosra after Murali retirement'

Its so sad to see even during his retirement some morons don't give him the due respect. Murali was the greatest spin bowler ever. no one can argue with that. Even though he might not be able to break the record of 800 wickets due to bad weather, his record will stand tall among the others for a long time if not forever...

I hope you guys saw this 'Bedi calls for ban on doosra after Murali retirement'

Its so sad to see even during his retirement some morons don't give him the due respect. Murali was the greatest spin bowler ever. no one can argue with that. Even though he might not be able to break the record of 800 wickets due to bad weather, his record will stand tall among the others for a long time if not forever...

Hi LashNeo - thanks for sharing.

There are only 03 people in the 'cricketing world' that I really hate with a passion. One is Bedi, another is 'Howard' -[ former P.M. Aussi] other is 'Hair'. [Ross Emerson was a stooge - so i've excluded him]

Out of the above trio the worst culprit is 'Howard'. It was really unbecoming of the head of a country to stoop down - as much as he did - to insult a cricketer. However his retribution was swift & effective - when he was ousted from contesting the post of president of the ICC.

However Bedi - is on top of my list - as he was a fellow spinner & also an Asian. Before this article- his words to discredit Murali has been demeaning - to say the least. Also I thought he said all these nasties - to hog the the limelight. The press - as always thirsty for some 'juicy' gossip - fell into his trap by publishing & highlighting his attacks on Murali.

Guys - please jolt my memory - to remember other enemies of S.L. cricket. [there are several commentators i can think of - - Holding, Botham etc who are biased in commentary - never a 'praise' for our cricketers.]

However coming back to the above article --- there are certain comments - which surmise the dislike of Bedi in cricketing circles.:)

"Pissek!!"

"This guys needs a haircut and a clean shave, then his brain will work".

"Bishan Singh Bedi is not differs from the others believe in that the legend Murali is a chucker ! People like bedi are who is thinking something should be remains as it is when everything is change in the world! Even nature should not create anything unusual & everything and every human must born with the bones & muscles and everything should be ordinary or at least they should be like bedi. bedi would expect every other spinner bowls like him and they should not make history like him. Its awful he is come into the stage Murali playing his last match in test career. Long live in the cricketing history "MURALI" !"

"sore grapes Bedi... Sore grapes! You are too old to understand the technology. So you can think that the globe is still Flat as it is easily spotted without technology!! Ha ha LMAO...."

"This idiot lives in his colonial worshiping and boot licking metality !!!"

"These are the guys who do not evolve - try new things out, but live in the past. You need to encourage new things in the game to make it interesting and these baboons like to live in the past and not see beyond the book."

"Hmm.. so he thinks that ´England spinner Graeme Swann has the cleanest action´ eh? Surely he must be hoping for a coaching contract from England or something..."

These ideas fit for good old day test cricket lovers, not the demands of the modern day cricket. Bowling performances that yield victories/defeats in test match cricket. Brilliant batting performances from both sides result in a draw. So banning deliveries such as ´doosra´ is not for the good of the game which will distance people from Test cricket;already a poor crowed attraction.

Jealousy at play! The cricketing world venerates Murali, whereas this moron has been relegated to the forgettable past. Murali will live on forever while BSB will take his BS to the grave with him. Murali, thank you for the memories!

this is one Indian who still tries to make to a paper with his with stupidest statements

this crazy man ,,why you wait to tell this till murali ,s retirement .its means you trying to say that murali was illigal . you out of mind .better shut your mouth and stay home safe ........................!!!

Who is this idiot?

Modi Madiwata Bedi...

another looser, a kalistan looser.

This guy can get some publicity only by saying something nasty about our beloved Murali, otherwise who is going to publicise and read his remarks. We should stop publicising anything this guy says...It is his publicity stunt !

This man thought he is the greatest offie produced at least in the sub continent, Even in his playing days he was very arrogant. poor loser ! now murali has come and upstaged them all. He still cannot believe that some one is better than him !

Bedi Says, murali leave behind the legacy of chucking, but he never said Shane Warne left behind a legacy of Prohibited Drugs. Also you cant believe murali´s amazing record, silly thinking, do you expect all the bowlers in the world to be same like you...mr bedi. there are extraordinary people. So how do you believe Sachin´s amazing records?....How much you got paid from Australians to tell this?....Australians sow murali´s danger so they brought Darrel Hair but It didn´t work....after that They made a new plan with ICC not to give sri lanka 3 test series in Aus/Eng/SA/Nz...They gave most of the 3 test series against India and Pak because they play better against Murali while Shane Warne playing 5 Ashes with ENG every year...If Murali Plaid 5 test against ENG every year He could have reach 100 Wkts easily...Mr Baby Badi..You are too old to understand these things..so dont show your stupidity to whole world....

The actual problem is his brain is over-heated owing to smoking too many beedi (biidi, cigar and ganj). His beard will go up in smoke in the near future. As always, The ´honourable´ Indians love to poke their "stuff" in our "stuff".

This is problem of sub-continent people like Bedi. He does not have guts to criticize Brett Lee who has been proved as throwing. Murali has been undergone all bio-mechanical testing willingly and even bowled with a rigid brace to prove he was not bending the arm. Still Bedi is not convinced. He does not want to see a person from same region do what he could not. This is pure professional jealousy. I heard early in Bedis’s career he was called for throwing and he changed his action. Someone else can educate us whether that was true. At the end of the day what matters is whether Murali is happy with what he has achieved. Murali’s name is already written in the history bolder letters than Bedi. It doesn’t matter Murali’s run up is shorter as his shoulder rotation is faster and wrist rotation is faster. This is why he could still bowl with the brace same deliveries. If the naked eye was subjected ti optical illusion as throwing when Murali was not throwing as proved by tests, the opposite could be applied when action is cleaned to naked eye even a bowler actually throwing. This was proved by analysing bio-mechanical experts. This was the reason of changing the rule by ICC having 15 degrees. The rule was not changed for Murali. When a normal arm is bent beyond 15 degrees one can detect throwing to naked eye. Murali does not have a normal arm as others. This is why when he operates within limits still one could wrongly see as throwing. I have one challenge for any bowler who accuses Murali as a thrower. I will allow you to throw. Can you throw a leather cricket ball on a Test cricket pitch (22 yards) to an exact point on the crease for six consecutive times? I doubt, Bedi you can do it by throwing. Murali can do it because he is not throwing. I wish Murali all the best in his future endeavours. If Bedi can read my mind, he would exactly know what I wished for him.

Please add your comments too-- here on Autolanka.

some funny comments are there.. BTW atleast we got one person who thinks Murail is a chucker :grinning-smiley-036:

The above smiley very appropriately used - thanks :)

Obviously who ever voted against Murali is a fan or follower of Bedi - He wouldn't have taken kindly to us of making fun of Bedi. However he didn't have the guts to comment or give the reason as to why he was voting against.

Also - since this an international forum - it could have been someone other than a Sri Lankan. :angry:

Edited by mirage7777

02 more to go for 800 wickets :) He has 798 now !!

Yeah... You can do it Murali. You deserve for it. Come on.. You are the pride of Sri Lankan Cricket & the ambessador of the relationships of different nations in Sri Lanka. Come on.. Just TWO more to go....

SUPER achievement! still some f##kwits are calling him a chucker on many news and cricketing forums

had he been a white man...very easily they would have called him the greatest bowler in the history of cricket. which he is

SUPER achievement! still some f##kwits are calling him a chucker on many news and cricketing forums

had he been a white man...very easily they would have called him the greatest bowler in the history of cricket. which he is

Agree with you Ripper - HE IS THE GREATEST BOWLER IN THE HISTORY OF CRICKET !!

IMO - No bowler will EVER achieve what Murali has achieved.

CONGRATULATIONS MURALI - SRI LANKA IS EXTREMELY PROUD OF YOU!!

Maybe they should name the new cricket stadium in Kandy or Hambantota after Murali.

After all he has done a lot for the country, won matches , won the world cup and many more achievements.

Agreed. The Pallekelle Stadium should be named after him - as he is from Kandy.

Also if Murali was in England - he would be knighted without a doubt.

Even now it could happen. There are number of cricketers who are not Englishman - who had been knighted.

Therefore IMO Murali SHOULD be knighted :)

After-all New Zealand cricketer - Richard Hadlee was knighted. So too were Gary Sobers & Viv Richard of the West Indies.

The other cricketers who were knighted

Agreed. The Pallekelle Stadium should be named after him - as he is from Kandy.

Also if Murali was in England - he would be knighted without a doubt.

Even now it could happen. There are number of cricketers who are not Englishman - who had been knighted.

Therefore IMO Murali SHOULD be knighted :)

After-all New Zealand cricketer - Richard Hadlee was knighted. So too were Gary Sobers & Viv Richard of the West Indies.

The other cricketers who were knighted

Hope they do either knight Murali or name something after him.

I dont think his record of 800 wickets will be broken for a long time or at all.

Muttiah Muralitharan holds a number of world records, and several firsts:

* The most Test wickets (800 wickets as of 22 July 2010).[93]

* The most One-Day International wickets (515 wickets as of 22 July 2010).[94]

* The highest number of international wickets in Tests, ODIs and T20s combined (1320 wickets as of 22 July 2010).[94]

* The most 5-wicket hauls in an innings at Test level (67).[63]

* The most 10-wicket hauls in a match at Test level (22). He is the only player to take 10 wickets/match against every Test playing nation.[95]

* Fastest to 350,[96] 400,[97] 450,[98] 500,[99] 550,[100] 600,[101] 650,[102] 700,[103] 750[104] and 800 Test wickets, in terms of matches played (indeed the only bowler to exceed 708 wickets).

* Only player to take 10 wickets in a Test in four consecutive matches. He has achieved this feat twice.[105]

* Only player to take 50 or more wickets against every Test playing nation.[106]

* Muralitharan and Jim Laker (England), are the only bowlers to have taken 9 wickets in a Test innings twice.

* 7 wickets in an innings against the most countries (5).[107]

* Most Test wickets taken bowled (157),[108] stumped (41)[109] and caught & bowled (31).[110] Bowled by Muralitharan (b Muralitharan) is the most common dismissal in Test cricket (excluding run out).[111]

* Most successful bowler/fielder (non-wicket keeper) combination – c. Mahela Jayawardene b. Muttiah Muralitharan (67).[112]

* Most Man of the Series awards in Test cricket (11).[113]

* One of only six bowlers who have dismissed all the eleven batsmen in a Test match. Jim Laker, Srinivasaraghavan Venkataraghavan, Geoff Dymock, Abdul Qadir and Waqar Younis are the others.[114]

* Most Test wickets in a single ground. Muralitharan is the only bowler to capture 100-plus Test wickets at three venues, the Sinhalese Sports Club Ground in Colombo, the Asgiriya Stadium in Kandy and the Galle International Stadium in Galle.[115]

* The only bowler to take 75 or more wickets in a calendar year on three occasions, achieving it in 2000, 2001 and 2006.

* Most ducks (dismissals for zero) ever in international cricket (Tests+ODI's+Twenty20): 59 ducks total.[116]

source:wiki

Kudos to the spin wizard! An excellent record for Murali/the whole country to be proud of!

The idiots who criticize his bowling actions even after the fact he's been cleared by the governing body are clearly attention whores...... :violent-smiley-030:

Enjoyed the replies that "never heard of" Bedi got 4 his story..... :D

Wow, batting records too :lol:

Actually I read somewhere that he is either the batsmen with the most 6's in test cricket or among the top 5. Can't remember properly. Quite possible. Not many people bother trying to hit 6's in tests, unlike Murali who closes his eyes and throws the kitchen sink at it.

Murali hits back - link

I liked this part the best ""I saw some (of his) bowling of his playing days. He would have been hammered every ball had he played in the modern era."" :lol: :lol:

Also :- "He (Bedi) did not have any variation," "He just bowled left-arm spin and the pitch did the variation for him. That is what he bowled." :)

Edited by mirage7777