• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Change The Instrument Cluster

Larukh

Question

Hi,

I have to replace the instrument cluster of my toyota townace (KR42), auto, Petrol van due to a defect in the digital odometer.

1. I found only a "Diesel" one, So if I fix that will there be any problems ?

2. If I change the cluster can I have my original odometer reading (current reading)?

Thank You..

2 answers to this question

Hi,

I have to replace the instrument cluster of my toyota townace (KR42), auto, Petrol van due to a defect in the digital odometer.

2. If I change the cluster can I have my original odometer reading (current reading)?

Thank You..

Hi Larukh

I guess you may have problem with the Tachometer(if it is there) and Fuel gauge may be vary a little because of the different thickness in fuel(this is negligible).all the others will work fine if the wiring is done properly.

thanks

Regards

sumith

Hi,

Thank You..

find out the ratio of the previous cluster and the one you found because speedo meters are not identical in Petrol and Diesel versions due to various differences in high speed limit and ratio differences in final drive.

P.S : forgot to elaborate ratio, that is to indicate 1kmph how much of revs required from final drive end of the gearbox. Usually japanese vehicles this ratio is given to 60kmph = how much of revs

Edited by harshansenadhir