• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

E30 316i

Shenny

Hi guys,

would appreciate if you guys could let me know where i could find a re con power steering rack for an e30 316i.

The problem is that there is an oil leak and prestige said that the repair kit might/might not work, and for long term use replacing the rack would be good, however, a brand new rack is a too expensive.

Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

Hi guys,

would appreciate if you guys could let me know where i could find a re con power steering rack for an e30 316i.

The problem is that there is an oil leak and prestige said that the repair kit might/might not work, and for long term use replacing the rack would be good, however, a brand new rack is a too expensive.

Thanks

Hi

How bad is the oil leak? Do you have to fill up power steering fluid on a regular basis or once a month or so. These cars will have steering rack leaks due to their age. But if its not a very serious leak, I believe you should replace it.

You should be able to find a re-con power steering rack at Milroys in Kelaniya or failing to which at Baddewala's (Euro Car parts) in Borella. I am not sure of any other sources.

Cheers

P.S. Please ensure that the re-con rack is in good shape than the one already on the car before fixing it.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, Baddewala and Milroy don't have it in stock at the moment.

Need to refill it once in a couple of runs, so I guess it's pretty bad, will panchikawatta or someplace else like that have euro car parts by any chance?

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, Baddewala and Milroy don't have it in stock at the moment.

Need to refill it once in a couple of runs, so I guess it's pretty bad, will panchikawatta or someplace else like that have euro car parts by any chance?

Thanks

Hi Shenny

Sorry, the only other place that I think has European parts is a place called Golf Motors in Panchikawatte. Thats all I know, hope somebody else can shed some light as well.....

Have tried checking on ebay? You may be lucky sometimes.

Cheers

• 4 months later...

<!--quoteo(post=126753:date=Jul 22 2010, 10:21 AM:name=Shenny)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shenny @ Jul 22 2010, 10:21 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=126753"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hi guys,

Thanks<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hi

How bad is the oil leak? Do you have to fill up power steering fluid on a regular basis or once a month or so. These cars will have steering rack leaks due to their age. But if its not a very serious leak, I believe you should replace it.

You should be able to find a re-con power steering rack at Milroys in Kelaniya or failing to which at Baddewala's (Euro Car parts) in Borella. I am not sure of any other sources.

Cheers

P.S. Please ensure that the re-con rack is in good shape than the one already on the car before fixing it.

how much will the rack cost, roughly???