• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Korean 300watt Sub And Amp -shall I Buy? Need Advice Quick!!

Hola

Question

Hi all,

I got a offer for a korean sub and an amp for 9950 rupees with instalation. Its 300watts. The price looks good...Shall i go for it? Please advice soon!!

Hola

untitled14gb.jpg

Hi all,

I got a offer for a korean sub and an amp for 9950 rupees with instalation. Its 300watts. The price looks good...Shall i go for it? Please advice soon!!

Hola

untitled14gb.jpg

Have you looked into all the myriads of factors you should look at before getting a sub/amp? If not at least try it out first, see whether the sub gives you properly defined bass, and whether the amp really goes with the sub or not. Is it an enclosed sub? From what I've read I assume you're a hiphop listener. Does the amp have a low-pass filter? If not all you're going to get is a hissing sound from vocals and a belching kind of bass. I have friends who went and spent a lot on their audio systems, without knowing what they were doing, and the end result was pure crap. Plus since if it's unbranded, more the chance that the components may not match. But you're a music producer, I'm guessing you know all this/have checked it out :D If not, do so, before busting your cash on something that may suck.

Hi bro,

thank you for the good feed back. I am into hip hop etc, but when it comes to car audio i am relying on Autolanka guys...

My Honda has good set of original pioneer speakers, i love it. But i feel having a sub will be good. The shop is doing the insatlation and its a seperate amp not enclosed.

So what do you suggest? If it is branded and with warrenty go for it? When you say branded will any badge do?

yo man..

the system you are about to go go will probably be very high on volume, ie it will give you bang fo the buck,,,,, but i seriosly doubt its quality since you also say its not enclosed, enclosed systems like bass tubes are the way to go if you want cheap but good solution..... but hey quality is in the ear of the beholder so it's up to you, in my opinion i would wait a little, save a bit more cash and go for a better sytem which will last longer as well and be of better quality, i know for a fact that korean/malaysian amps have a habit of burning out as soon as their warrnaty runs out... and if the amp and sub are not matched you will end up recoiling the sub every three months...

regards

When you say any brand, it depends on the brand. There will obviously be a difference between an Alpine system, and some cheap "Poineer"/"Pineer" audio set available from Pettah. Generally for hip hop you'll need to hear some solid bass, so you should go for what is called a "vented" subwoofer, there will usually be an open port behind the cone of the sub(for hiphop it's best if this hole is more rectangular than round), which expands the bass and really make your heart thud :D

But remember, there's a way of building the sub like this, you don't just poke in a hole anywhere in the enclosure. So again, unknown brands, I wouldn't know how it goes, and Korean systems are not the best. If it's not built properly, your woofer is going to fail after a relatively short while, or you're gonna turn up the volume one day at the Navam carpark, and "boom," the thing is literally going to blow.

Then again the size of the box has to correspond with the cone, otherwise it's going to sound bad after a while. And believe me, most cheap systems are like that. Only thing this will take up a bit more room, but best thing is to make sure the guy who's doing the fitting knows what he's doing. Just ask him whether the sub is vented or enclosed, and try and find a sub where the ports are more rectangular. (As far as I know they're not common in SL, I did see one at P&&&O couple of years back). And if he doesn't know the answer, run away :)

Or hell, just do like what most people do, screw the physics and slap on whatever comes, only don't blame me if you find you have a hearing problem in a few months, or if the amp/sub/speakers don't click with each other. And make sure you get an amp which is generating more than enough power for the sub as well as the auxiliary stuff.

ooooh very interesting topic. i agree with fuzzo i think that’s the best option

i've seen two type of enclosures one where the woofer face is exposed to the outside environment and the other one is the whole woofer(both the face and the cone) is inside a sealed box and there's a vent on the top of the box behind the coil.

bandpassenclosure6wa.gif

which one is better from these two and what are the advantages of the tow different designs???

well XxX the sub woofer totaly enclosed aint so bad but if ur talking about competition and the show off style raid u need the sub to be out .. of the surface ..

And machan Hola ,. korean brands aint so gud dude. besides dude the sub in the picture is one of the useless worthless things i hav seen my freinds toyota carina ggt has it and its wuality sucks no use thts an ACTIVE SUB active subs come with a built in AMP ..so amplification tho is 300 watts It is damn low .. The best thing is BUY a JBL active sub they can give u the boom boom .. Beleive me ma pal installed one for 17 000 and its quality rox .. IF u need quality bro u need to spend over 15000 Buks ..If u want more info and where to get stuff JUSt Mail me

[email protected]

ooooh very interesting topic. i agree with fuzzo i think that’s the best option

i've seen two type of enclosures one where the woofer face is exposed to the outside environment and the other one is the whole woofer(both the face and the cone) is inside a sealed box and there's a vent on the top of the box behind the coil.

bandpassenclosure6wa.gif

which one is better from these two and what are the advantages of the tow different designs???

Yea the one I was referring to is the one in your image, the "bandpass enclosure." This uses a more rectangular shaped porthole than a normal vented sub and is good for what is called "high SPL" numbers, basically the bass frequencies used for hiphop, but you can also use it effectively for low-bass music. The trick is the positioning of that hole, there is a way and a place to do it corresponding to the size of the cone, and only the real pro brands do it properly. Cheaper brands will just position a round hole wherever, and the cone is going to wear out fast becos of the built up air pressure, and the whole thing won't last for long. But yea, a vented sub with a Rectangular hole is best, IF you can find it.

As for an active sub/passive sub, that's your choice, the active ones have a "crossover" circuit which will reduce any distortion problems. But with great technology comes great cost :blink: Your other option is to get a more powerful amp, get a cheaper passive sub, and install a seperate dashboard equalizer/crossover. Actually you will get way more control over your music than just slamming in an active sub, but if you don't have a critical ear like me, or just use this to blast some noise out of your car, active sub is the way to go.

Hi Fuzzo, Morgoth,XxX,WCC,

I just came home after fixing it. had a demo session with it with just one line out and it sounded good. And What i thought was you cant expect gold when you buy a amp and a sub for 9950. Its pretty good. For me i think i am satisfied. Thank you very much for the support. I also got two Tweters too. Will post a pic once i buy myself a digital camera soon. :-)

Thanks again,

Hola

Will post a pic once i buy myself a digital camera soon. :-)

are you planning to start another thread for the camera??? j/k

did you ask any of the questions Morgoth suggested? well as long as you are satisfied that’s what matters. its easy for people to say buy this and that but at the end of the day its coming out of your pocket

are you planning to start another thread for the camera??? j/k

did you ask any of the questions Morgoth suggested? well as long as you are satisfied that’s what matters. its easy for people to say buy this and that but at the end of the day its coming out of your pocket

Ya, was just giving some info. Quality car audio is expensive, and it's pointless spending a lot unless you're a real enthusiast or you live in your car. Better to dish that cash out on home audio instead these days :P

Ya, was just giving some info. Quality car audio is expensive, and it's pointless spending a lot unless you're a real enthusiast or you live in your car. Better to dish that cash out on home audio instead these days :P

dude i think you read me wrong. i was hinting at 'podi eka'. guy has no respect for money, young n stupid. common disease among teenagers. i value your input mate learned few bits n pieces about car audio. when im getting one you'll be in the top of my list of advisors :P

dude i think you read me wrong. i was hinting at 'podi eka'. guy has no respect for money, young n stupid. common disease among teenagers. i value your input mate learned few bits n pieces about car audio. when im getting one you'll be in the top of my list of advisors :P

I get you :P

Hey machan XxX i wanted to give sum more info to HOla .. cos i know him well .. (By mailing n stuff) he helped me n adviced me on ma bodykit .. so i adviced him on gud car audio system s i HAve a value for money ,,,,,,,, I dont spend much on unnecessary stuff even our audio system we got half of it for cheaper costs and the tweaters n sum otha stuff were free so try to understand me buddyyy ....

Besides its worth going for the JBL cos . the korean ones will blow off .....

Well Hola u made a rite decision machan ..its worth for ur pocket well many people have installed it to there cars ...... well Hope u challnge in the car audio competition on the 20th

Hey machan XxX i wanted to give sum more info to HOla .. cos i know him well .. (By mailing n stuff) he helped me n adviced me on ma bodykit .. so i adviced him on gud car audio system s i HAve a value for money ,,,,,,,, I dont spend much on unnecessary stuff even our audio system we got half of it for cheaper costs and the tweaters n sum otha stuff were free so try to understand me buddyyy ....

Besides its worth going for the JBL cos . the korean ones will blow off .....

Well Hola u made a rite decision machan ..its worth for ur pocket well many people have installed it to there cars ...... well Hope u challnge in the car audio competition on the 20th

There's an audio competition? Where is it and what does it involve?

WCC malliya,

Cant enter into the competition. Its like this. I got this for a 1/4 price of JBL set didnt I? So i do not want to play around. If I can have a extra bass its enough. And I dont wont to play too much loud and burst it, cause according to u guys Korean ones wont long last. If i can use this for 1 year its enough. Becuase to tell you the truth with the money I spend for studies and increasing Petrol prices I dont have spare to spend 40,000 for a sub. So this is decent for me...for now..

WCC malliya,

Cant enter into the competition. Its like this. I got this for a 1/4 price of JBL set didnt I? So i do not want to play around. If I can have a extra bass its enough. And I dont wont to play too much loud and burst it, cause according to u guys Korean ones wont long last. If i can use this for 1 year its enough. Becuase to tell you the truth with the money I spend for studies and increasing Petrol prices I dont have spare to spend 40,000 for a sub. So this is decent for me...for now..

so are you planign to spend another 10grand and buy another korian sub in a year??? that sound stupid. if you knew it was a crappy sub why did you buy it? you sound worse than wcc

so are you planign to spend another 10grand and buy another korian sub in a year??? that sound stupid. if you knew it was a crappy sub why did you buy it? you sound worse than wcc

No machang, like i said dont go by the price, go by the satisfaction and prefromance. This sub is realy good. For 10,000 its realy great. My friend who got a Interplay with JBL system said its just equal. I dont think i have to get another one next year (touch wood). Its pretty good. You guys should try out :violent-smiley-030:

No machang, like i said dont go by the price, go by the satisfaction and prefromance. This sub is realy good. For 10,000 its realy great. My friend who got a Interplay with JBL system said its just equal. I dont think i have to get another one next year (touch wood). Its pretty good. You guys should try out :violent-smiley-030:

in the earlier post you said you only gona use this for 1 year

If i can use this for 1 year its enough.

Ohkey.... Ok let me put it lke this...for the price I paid compared to others 1 year would be ok, becuase i have a plan to go into a new Civic next year, but not sure how my budget will look like