• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

P11 Camber Adjustment

CJPro

Anybody know how to adjust camber in Nissan P11? coz this model come up with fix camber. it doesn't have a camber adjustment nut. anybody know how to fix that issue.

Sir,

What is the existing problem you have Tyre wasting only on one side wall edge or Vehicle pulling to one side when you drive on the center of the Road

Some Automobiles comes with fixed Camber (this model come up with fix camber setting) after a accident some times you will have to readjust same.

My vehicle I have fixed camber I had a very small problem Nalake Wheel alignment Hyde park next to Richard Peris adjusted same after a small accident with a motor cycle only on the accident side.

Following I got from the web

What is Camber and How do I Correct it?

So you’ve installed lowering springs or raised your vehicle. It looks great, but your wheels are slanted and tires are wearing. Sounds like you need a camber kit! Camber is measured in degrees, both positive and negative. Camber can be the result of a bad alignment, wearing parts and changing the ride height on your vehicle; rather raising or lowering it. Camber takes valuable rubber off the road by ridding on the edges of the tires instead of the traction patch. With proper camber adjustment and alignment correction, the car will be more responsive, handle better wet and dry and your tires will last the manufacturers lifetime rating.

Negative Camber

When the top of the tire is more towards the center of the vehicle and the bottom is outwards, that is measured in negative camber. Negative camber wears the inside of your tires at a rapid rate. Lowering a vehicle brings the entire chassis closer to the tires. Everything is moving downwards except the tires. Obviously they cannot go down any more because they are on the ground. Since suspension is put together with the factory ride height in mind, parts are made to be installed and have near 0 degree camber. By lowering the suspension components but not the wheel, the wheel in essence lowers itself by tilting inwards. A camber kit corrects this problem by extending the length of the upper control arm, allowing the ball joint which holds the control arm in place to be adjusted. It can be moved out for negative camber correction or in for positive correction. This along with an alignment correction is the ultimate defense against camber wear.

Positive Camber

When the bottom of the tire is more inwards and the top is out, that is referred to as positive camber. Positive camber wears the outside of the tires at a rapid rate. Positive camber is generally the result of a bad alignment or wearing ball joint. A camber kit is not usually required for this because replacing the faulty part and realignment generally pulls everything into spec. One time a camber kit will be needed for positive camber is when the vehicles ride height is raised. When it is raised, it puts stress on the top ball joint because the wheels lifting motion conflicts with the ball joint position therefore pushing it to the side. With an adjustable camber kit, this is corrected by sliding the ball joint back inwards, towards the motor, to bring the wheel back

Wijesinghe.

Anybody know how to adjust camber in Nissan P11? coz this model come up with fix camber. it doesn't have a camber adjustment nut. anybody know how to fix that issue.

Sir,

What Nalaka wheel alignment did was From the Bolt fixing hole was filed to the correct angle and filled the gap to take that space

with electric welding and corrected the alignment.

They had to try out number of times until they got the correct angle o their Alignment Machine.

Nalaka did only charge me for full package but I gave small tip to the person who did that correctly and patiently most important thing was to understand what to do that Technician was very intelligent to detect same and do the correct job.

I appreciate what he did was correct and his service.

Wijesinghe.

First of all I appreciate you early response. In My case Tyre wasting out side in the wall edge. Yesterday I did alignment by MAG CITY. They said has to be done some repair in suspension system.

How much you spend for that repair?

First of all I appreciate you early response. In My case Tyre wasting out side in the wall edge. Yesterday I did alignment by MAG CITY. They said has to be done some repair in suspension system.

How much you spend for that repair?

Sir,

You have toe out problem on both tiers or only one tire. can you call me on my mobile 0712222420.

I will try to help you I will give you some positive advice as I am not familiar to your model of the car and its suspension system.

Cost of repair and all was Rs:3000.00.

Wijesinghe.