• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pininfarina

noaim

Question

I've seen a Huyandai Matrix with a badge stating "Pininfarina" (or something like that! :D), and a Mitsubishi Pajero IO wit te badge inside.. what does this mean!? thought pinifarina was associated wit the likes of Ferrari!

I've seen a Huyandai Matrix with a badge stating "Pininfarina" (or something like that! :D), and a Mitsubishi Pajero IO wit te badge inside.. what does this mean!? thought pinifarina was associated wit the likes of Ferrari!

i think he is a car designer

So? Its Ferraris design house, but they worked on our Micro too :)

Are you serious? I'm assuming they charge a lot :P who came up with that kind of money? :D

Read that somewhere when Micros first came out. Not the Trend, the older one. Mind, local paper. If someone @ the company said it, they'll print it, no need to check if its real or not :)

hey guys...

the IO is actually know a the IO Pinin, cause it was designed by pininfarina as was the matrix.. and even the old matiz...

pericles i seriously doubt the micro story, i know the owner... and well lets just say... he is good at his marketing

These are all the notable pininfarina designs

1933 Alfa Romeo 8C 2300

1936 Lancia Aprilia

1952 Ferrari 250

1955 Ferrari 410 Superamerica

1956 Austin A40 Farina

1957 Lancia Flaminia

1962 British Leyland 1100 (ADO16) line

1964 BMC 1800 (ADO17) line

1964 Ferrari 275

1965 Dino 206

1965 MGB GT

1966 IKA-Renault Torino

1966 Alfa Romeo 1600 Spider Duetto

1966 Ferrari 330 GTC

1966 Fiat 124 Spider

1966 Fiat Dino Spider

1968 Ferrari Daytona

1968 Peugeot 504

1971 Fiat 130 Coupe

1973 Ferrari 365 GT4 BB

1975 Lancia Montecarlo

1975 Rolls-Royce Camargue

1978 Jaguar XJ-S

1984 Ferrari Testarossa

1986 Peugeot 205 Cabriolet

1987 Alfa Romeo 164

1987 Cadillac Allanté

1987 Ferrari F40

1994 Fiat Coupé

1997 Peugeot 306 Cabriolet

1997 Peugeot 406 Coupé

1999 Peugeot 406 Berlina

1999 Songhuajiang Zhongyi Hafei

1999 Mitsubishi Pajero

2000 Daewoo Tacuma

2000 Ferrari 550 Barchetta

2000 Hispano Habit

2002 Ferrari 575M Maranello

2002 Enzo Ferrari

2002 Daewoo Nubira

2003 Maserati Quattroporte

2006 Volvo C70

Ive read in the papers that the Micro Trend was designed by pininfarina, but theres no mention of it.

These are all the notable pininfarina designs

Ive read in the papers that the Micro Trend was designed by pininfarina, but theres no mention of it.

Naturally. These ones are the "Notable" designs, not everything. Unless that Chinese one they mention is the one that the Trend is a knock off of. But I seem to remember it was the older one. And that was "design concepts" not totally designed :D

And then again, there is what SpeedHolic says...

Naturally. These ones are the "Notable" designs, not everything. Unless that Chinese one they mention is the one that the Trend is a knock off of. But I seem to remember it was the older one. And that was "design concepts" not totally designed :D

And then again, there is what SpeedHolic says...

Yeah above are only notable designs by pininfarina.

Carrozzeria Pininfarina is an automobile coachbuilder and specialty vehicle maker in Turin, Italy. Founded by famed designer, Battista Pininfarina, the company is today run by his son, Sergio, and long-time CEO, Renzo Carli. Many other designers have worked with the company, which has become the most famous design and concept car constructor of the present time.

Pininfarina has been employed by many major car makers, especially Ferrari, Maserati, Cadillac, Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Volvo and Lancia. The recent Peugeot 406 coupé was also styled by Pininfarina.

Pininfarina designed two new and cute cars for Hafei, their Chinese patron. The two new cars, HF Lobo and HF Fantasy, were displayed at the Beijing motor show 2002.

HF Lobo is reprodused or assembled in SL as Micro Trend.

hflobofrts4jv.th.jpg

This is HF Lobo

Pininfarina designed two new and cute cars for Hafei, their Chinese patron. The two new cars, HF Lobo and HF Fantasy, were displayed at the Beijing motor show 2002.

hflobofrts4jv.th.jpg

This is HF Lobo

and there's ur proof boys...i didnt beliv it either till now lol

Yeah above are only notable designs by pininfarina.

Carrozzeria Pininfarina is an automobile coachbuilder and specialty vehicle maker in Turin, Italy. Founded by famed designer, Battista Pininfarina, the company is today run by his son, Sergio, and long-time CEO, Renzo Carli. Many other designers have worked with the company, which has become the most famous design and concept car constructor of the present time.

Pininfarina has been employed by many major car makers, especially Ferrari, Maserati, Cadillac, Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Volvo and Lancia. The recent Peugeot 406 coupé was also styled by Pininfarina.

hflobofrts4jv.th.jpg

This is HF Lobo

okay i really didnt know that. What a rip-off, I thought it was a sri lankan design. Too good to be true

okay i really didnt know that. What a rip-off, I thought it was a sri lankan design. Too good to be true

well dude designin a car from scratch is not a gud idea wen u first enter d auto market...if transmec jus happend to spend so much on R&D...do u think dey wud ever recover it at the rate micro sales are goin?

well dude designin a car from scratch is not a gud idea wen u first enter d auto market...if transmec jus happend to spend so much on R&D...do u think dey wud ever recover it at the rate micro sales are goin?

They would have been better off if they tied up with an existing car maker in the market- and produce cars with their technology and export to the region. The local car market is way to small- I dont think it would be even 3000 units for something like a micro.

The truth is,Micro never claimed, Trend is a Micro company indiginous product or concept.Infact Dr Lawrence Perera admits its designed by another company.Micro Trend is based on HF Lobo knoked down parts from China.whatever the case may be ,must appreciate Micro's attempt of making SL cars.Assembling locally and promoting it under their logo ,I belive is a better start for the local auto manufacturing!

Cheers!

They would have been better off if they tied up with an existing car maker in the market- and produce cars with their technology and export to the region. The local car market is way to small- I dont think it would be even 3000 units for something like a micro.

but did they expect to hav to price these cars so high? im sure dey were hopin for concessions being in SL

but did they expect to hav to price these cars so high? im sure dey were hopin for concessions being in SL

The price is high as its based on knoked down parts from China.Cheap local labour on assembling is the only advantage for the company.

In all fairness I guess not.. But look the govt. needs taxes as well :) Still if they were MicroSuzuki or something.. they would have had a much better chance at success. 'Attempts' even good ones if not followed up with results tend to be failures- which is the present case- just a waste of time and money all round.

Did you know that Dr.Lawrence had a prob in registering these cars? I am talking about the Small Micro car. I heard as the net weight was low it wasnt classified as a car..

In all fairness I guess not.. But look the govt. needs taxes as well :violent-smiley-030: Still if they were MicroSuzuki or something.. they would have had a much better chance at success. 'Attempts' even good ones if not followed up with results tend to be failures- which is the present case- just a waste of time and money all round.

yep, very true.

i remember when micro was 1st launched he was bosting about a huge from a south asian country. how much is a micro these days?????