• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Radiator Heat Problem

weda

Question

Dear gents,

My car engine heat reaches very high levels after getting it serviced few days back.

Noticed that the fan is not responding quite accurately to the engine heat. Some times it only works with the AC. and the air flow seems to have droped too.

Its an AE110 sprinter and looks like something is not OK with the radiator fan.

Any body plaese help!!

Thanks!

i really think your electrician/mechanic dude isn't that good mate!

i mean...i kinda went through a similar issue...it was a fairly easy fix! mind you i have the same engine and other components as you do too...

if the guy cant figure this one out for this long...that's not saying much about his abilities...

and if you are worried about the relays. checking them out is dead easy! no fancy electronics there...just an electro magnet driven switch...

anyways...good luck with the car. i hope you can get it sorted soon :)

i really think your electrician/mechanic dude isn't that good mate!

i mean...i kinda went through a similar issue...it was a fairly easy fix! mind you i have the same engine and other components as you do too...

if the guy cant figure this one out for this long...that's not saying much about his abilities...

and if you are worried about the relays. checking them out is dead easy! no fancy electronics there...just an electro magnet driven switch...

anyways...good luck with the car. i hope you can get it sorted soon :)

Thank you Ripper, and all you guys...

took the car to my general mechanic a while ago. The thermostat was removed and it was not functioning!!!

The water in the engine block was prevented entering the radiator by the thermostat!!!

With out the thermostat heat is just fine..

Thank you guys... I was confused over the heat appearing just after the service, dont know how the thermostat jamming and the servicing got related.

dont know how the thermostat jamming and the servicing got related.

Hi Weda

those stuff are like that by overnight they might not work without any reason,

buy a good thermo from agent don't go for cheap ones.

if your thermostat didn't open on correct temp, your radiator fans should start immediately after certain temparature

depending on the setup, what about the radiator fans, i guess you have still the possibility of getting overheated with ac

if fans fails to function on the temp.

thanks

Regards

sumith

Thank you Ripper, and all you guys...

took the car to my general mechanic a while ago. The thermostat was removed and it was not functioning!!!

The water in the engine block was prevented entering the radiator by the thermostat!!!

With out the thermostat heat is just fine..

Thank you guys... I was confused over the heat appearing just after the service, dont know how the thermostat jamming and the servicing got related.

just a coincidence i guess?

what about the radiator fans, i guess you have still the possibility of getting overheated with ac

if fans fails to function on the temp.

Dear Sumith,

The fans are still under surveillance, but so far things are OK.

Running with out the thermostat wont harm I suppose. Correct me if Im wrong.

Thanks

Dear Sumith,

The fans are still under surveillance, but so far things are OK.

Running with out the thermostat wont harm I suppose. Correct me if Im wrong.

Thanks

Hi Weda

No mate you should have the thermostat, if not that will reduce your engine performance life time plus fuel efficiency,

for little time running without thermostat is ok. but my advice it try to install a thermostat when you are able

Good Luck ..

Thanks

Regards

sumith

Hi Weda

No mate you should have the thermostat, if not that will reduce your engine performance life time plus fuel efficiency,

for little time running without thermostat is ok. but my advice it try to install a thermostat when you are able

Good Luck ..

Thanks

Regards

sumith

Thanks Sumith, You are correct, my throttle body has a water line as well (for heating I think) and the thermostat should be replaced. Noted that.

Members,

I have used Vehicles for more than 50 years with the thermostat valve and with out thermostat valve have had no problms.

With the thermostat valve I have had many problems.

But I agree with other members Thermostat Valve must be their in modern Vehicles to get maximum performance.

I told in my post to this thread to check up the thermostat valve.(radiator block or thermostat valve is not functioning correctly.)

Wijesinghe.