• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sl Racing Championships - Need Info

Duncan

Hi everyone

Need some info.

I am trying to understand how the various racing championships work in SL.

Does each motor racing club hold its own annual champioship races or is there an overall championship to which each club contributes by organising one or more races during the season?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Hi everyone

Need some info.

Does each motor racing club hold its own annual champioship races or is there an overall championship to which each club contributes by organising one or more races during the season?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

From what I understood when I covered Katukurunda, there is an overall championship, and clubs contribute one or more races during the season.

Anyone else who can expand this for sure?

Need info on these ... I fa ny 1 is joining for the 1500cc or below ...

group how can sum one join this event,Wat vehicles and how can u get sponsors >??????????????

are you planning to participate????? good for you get the best out of the 'performance noah'. regarding the sponsors i think you have to find your own sponsors. sponsors don’t come after participants

Hi everyone

Need some info.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Duncan,

Unfortunately, each club holds its own Championship. SLARDAR has the probably the best championship of the lot, with 11 points scoring events scheduled over 6 meets.

Personally, I am in favour of SLAS, the governing body organizing its own championship and requesting individual clubs to nominate events that will count towards a true national championship.

Under the current setup, the championships consist of a few rounds over the course of the year and is largely of no consequence. Imagine if we had proper points-scoring championship meets at Pannala (4 races), at Katukurunda (4 races), Gajaba (2), Fox Hill (2), Radella (1), Mahagastotte (1) and maybe a few other events thrown in.

These events are already on the calendar and they already run 2 races per championship category so this is nothing out of the ordinary except that SLAS would award the championships and the clubs would adminster the individual meets. But for now, we can only dream of such a substantial championship setup.