• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic Es8

Thilina Guluwita

• 4 weeks later...
I am looking for a Honda CIVIC ES8 Facelift model car. Preferably a K- plate with leather/fabric interior, F/O, Auto (Multimatic) or Manual transmission with Alloy wheels and a decent player. What would be the best price for a vehicle of these criteria...

I was actually going thru the HitAD and found a white colour one matching your requirements for about 28/=

• 2 weeks later...

What do you all think about buying an ES8 Exi (Brand new; hence, H number) non VTEc car in terms of resell and maintenance? My main concern is reselling. I can not afford this so called marvalous Toyota :rolleyes: and thinking of an alternative which can give me a good value for money and driving pleasure.

What do you all think about buying an ES8 Exi (Brand new; hence, H number) non VTEc car in terms of resell and maintenance? My main concern is reselling. I can not afford this so called marvalous Toyota :rolleyes: and thinking of an alternative which can give me a good value for money and driving pleasure.

selling wont be an issue for a ES8 exi but the non vtec engine and auto transmition wont give you anything more than a sunny or a corolla with similar spec.

selling wont be an issue for a ES8 exi but the non vtec engine and auto transmition wont give you anything more than a sunny or a corolla with similar spec.

I beg to differ on this one... The ES8 even without Vtec and with an automatic gearbox actually is a bit better to drive than a corolla or a sunny.. Probably to do with suspension tuning, its more responsive and handles a fair bit better than a 121 or FB 15/N16. Also the D15 motor is a very eager one and loves to rev, much more so than the 1NZ in the corolla or the sunny motor.

EDIT: Must also add that the 121 has the more comfortable ride by a fair margin...

Edited by Supra_Natural

I beg to differ on this one... The ES8 even without Vtec and with an automatic gearbox actually is a bit better to drive than a corolla or a sunny.. Probably to do with suspension tuning, its more responsive and handles a fair bit better than a 121 or FB 15/N16. Also the D15 motor is a very eager one and loves to rev, much more so than the 1NZ in the corolla or the sunny motor.

hmm..have to agree on that.

Actually, I do not worry about the performance. I mean, I do not want to accelerate to 60km/h in 8sec or less ;) If the drive is comfortable and economical, that is more than enough for me. I like Toyota, but I can not make up my mind to spend such a big amount just to have a Toyota

Actually, I do not worry about the performance. I mean, I do not want to accelerate to 60km/h in 8sec or less ;) If the drive is comfortable and economical, that is more than enough for me. I like Toyota, but I can not make up my mind to spend such a big amount just to have a Toyota

Just because that's one way of quoting performance, doesn't mean that everyone who values performances drives around with a stopwatch in their hands trying to see how quickly they get to 60... :D

one of the more practical applications is trying to overtake some slow joker in the fast lane when there's some traffic in the opposite direction :blink:

Current market value of ES01/ES08/ES05 Face lift is 2.8 to 3.2? This is for K plate? (3.2)

I found a J number, manual, brand new 2004 (Exi) 94000 KM, one over the week end. Seller was quoiting 2.9 mil. I was told by Stafford it is way too high. But within minutes someone had bought it. You just can not find good 2004/2005 FL Civics around. All are overpriced. There is one now here. more than range quoted for this model.

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=36476

Is this the current market value?

Good civics are hard to find? I need a one for my second car.

Edited by kaushama

Current market value of ES01/ES08/ES05 Face lift is 2.8 to 3.2? This is for K plate? (3.2)

I found a J number, manual, brand new 2004 (Exi) 94000 KM, one over the week end. Seller was quoiting 2.9 mil. I was told by Stafford it is way too high. But within minutes someone had bought it. You just can not find good 2004/2005 FL Civics around. All are overpriced. There is one now here. more than range quoted for this model.

If sellers are selling at a price and buyers are buying at THAT price that IS the market value. This isnt Rice-paddy for the government, evil-car-sale-owners or anybody else to set a minimum/maximum price :P

Edited by Dilesh

well, you don't know that it was sold for that price... maybe someone came and said "I have 2.6m and no time to waste; take it or leave it - decide now"

if it was substantially better than any other offers he had got, he might have gone for it.

(I have met couple of buyers like that, but in our case it was not much better than other offers and we could afford to wait...)

well, you don't know that it was sold for that price... maybe someone came and said "I have 2.6m and no time to waste; take it or leave it - decide now"

if it was substantially better than any other offers he had got, he might have gone for it.

(I have met couple of buyers like that, but in our case it was not much better than other offers and we could afford to wait...)

Very correct! I got that feeling. He was holding on to other buyers when I examined the vehicle. This is a sale owner in famous "Hetti Veediya" for cars. He probably sold it for lesser amount and telling I sold it for 2.9 I have seen that trick before.

Problem with Civics are they are so common only in Colombo. The sale owners seems to get the hands on before we go to the buyers. Just before tax reduction these Hetti Veediya fellows quoted 3 mil for 2002 ES8 cars.

Heres the deal bub. If you NEED one, pay whatever you must and get one. I don't see why you NEED to stick to one model, but your money, your petrol. Or you could just buy something else. But do something, and do it quick!

Heres the deal bub. If you NEED one, pay whatever you must and get one. I don't see why you NEED to stick to one model, but your money, your petrol. Or you could just buy something else. But do something, and do it quick!

Thanks for the advice peri! I almost bought it for 2.9mil as I wanted to do it quickly. I seller in fact keeping the car still, when my driver went there yesterday. He has all the patience, till the next impatient dude comes. LOL Perhaps other buyers are not as hasty as myself.

I don't want to rush as I am going to buy this as a back up car. Any suggestions for 2.5 - 2.7 sedan with the same looks, space, economy, performance and comfort?