• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Maruti Car Prices Increase

carbuddy

I have a question actually. Do you even drive? Coz quite frankly, there are arguments to be made for smaller cars within certain parameters, but this is just so far wrong that it makes me wonder how far your in touch with technology. Did you think we are still in an era where travelling by horse is faster than traveling by car?

I am well aware of crumple zones of a vehicle but it can not help unless you drive carefully.Good maintenence and experience is a must. Oh !Peri , :sad-smiley-047: I feel I am in a era of walking is faster than traveling by car! :sad-smiley-047:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am well aware of crumple zones of a vehicle but it can not help unless you drive carefully.Good maintenence and experience is a must. Oh !Peri , :sad-smiley-047: I feel I am in a era of walking is faster than traveling by car! :sad-smiley-047:

Can counter that with, no matter how carefully you drive, it doesn't help if a moronic leyland bus decides to go out of its way to smash into you.

Thats sorta why I wear seatbelts. I'm confident in my own driving. I'm not so confident in some other people on the road.

Thats sorta why I wear seatbelts. I'm confident in my own driving. I'm not so confident in some other people on the road.

Reminds me of those insurance (Union Assurance?) ads some time back... because you can't control who you meet on the road or some tagline like that.

One of the points I mentioned earlier was about people not really thinking about safety... an interesting follow up occured to me just now.. a very big and famous company (nevermind the name) has very stringent safety policies (you can't even use phone on the staircase, nevermind while driving) - but the cars issued to the junior management levels are Marutis.

It's actually a bit of a joke inside the company.

Protection for the passengers - A myth-That depends on how you are driving according to the rules .A car can not save lives.If so should have save life of Princess Diana.

if only Princess Diana had a Maruti and employed you as the driver, she would've been alive today.....

Edited by scds

These are my prices for Indian Marutis

Maruti 800 = "Nikan dunnath ganne ne"

Maruti 800AC = 600,000

Maruti Alto = 900,000

Maruti Zen = 1,000,000.

I don't say i'm gonna buy at these prices. But if you are die hard fan of Maruti .. and you are so dumb to think that going for brand new Maruti is worth than 8 - 15 year old Jap car, these are the maximum prices you should pay. (All inclusive)

Edited by MkX

diana would have survived if she has wearing a seat belt

i was in the insurance industry earlier, i can say with certainty that a majority of fatal accidents do not involve a Maruti, Bajaj on the other hand is a different story if u are considering the bikes u might have a point there

wonder why Micro Trend is so expensive than a Maruti Zen???? these both cars having the same option right??

I don't know about the options but certainly hafei Lobo (Micro Trend) has better look as a result of Pininfarina design inheritance and better looking interior. Deserves a price difference than ZEN.

well guys u cant blame the maruti owners since there are people who doesnt have a single knowledge about automobiles who travels by bus & earns a very low income & saves their income little by little to buy a cheap car which will increase their standard of living. they expect not to have a single trouble as soon as they buy a car. so i guess thats why people tries to buy maruti's since its brand new. so for a guy like that even a maruti would be more like a merc :)

i dontknow whether im completely going out somewhere.. but i think thats why most of them use to buy a maruti :action-smiley-028:

well guys u cant blame the maruti owners since there are people who doesnt have a single knowledge about automobiles who travels by bus & earns a very low income & saves their income little by little to buy a cheap car which will increase their standard of living. they expect not to have a single trouble as soon as they buy a car. so i guess thats why people tries to buy maruti's since its brand new. so for a guy like that even a maruti would be more like a merc :)

i dontknow whether im completely going out somewhere.. but i think thats why most of them use to buy a maruti :action-smiley-028:

And for some reason they have a phobia about buying used vehicles.. some people must be spreading scare stories about used vehicles.

even my wife didn't like the idea of a used vehicle (although she was OK with buying a reconditioned car without seeing any documentation about the condition of the vehicle at auction). sigh.

What i feel is they are considering maintenance cost too. Also fuel efficiency.

if there is a car which offers these options (other than Bran new) people might go for it.

If they look at raw fuel efficiencies, yes, maruti is good.

but if you are not going to do a lot of driving (e.g. I do less than 800km/month) it probably is not a big issue to get a less fuel efficient car like march. even if you don't care about the extra comfort.

and parts are cheap for maruti but they don't last as long. e.g. there was thread somewhere about Honda parts being more expensive than Toyota but lasting much longer. (personally I prefer this, because each time something needs replacement it means you don't have usage of the car... but it does require more reserve cash to deal with it)

A car can not save lives.If so should have save life of Princess Diana.

ROFLMAO....Peri...you were right!

and idiot is born every minute! looks like we've found another forum jester! :P

And for some reason they have a phobia about buying used vehicles.. some people must be spreading scare stories about used vehicles.

Are you honestly saying you have not heard of any scary stories on how garage folks have take customers for a ride? Simple search in this forum is sure to dig up at least couple of stories. See some people just don't have the technical know-how or the eye to spot issues in a car at the point of or after buying a car. So they are in the complete mercy of the 'maka bass'. So it is logical for these kind of people to try to buy something that has a less tendency to break down. i.e. a brand new car. Plus think of all the 'rasthiyadu' (having to take time off from work, running around to find parts etc) hassle of not having a car during a breakdown.

Are you honestly saying you have not heard of any scary stories on how garage folks have take customers for a ride? Simple search in this forum is sure to dig up at least couple of stories. See some people just don't have the technical know-how or the eye to spot issues in a car at the point of or after buying a car. So they are in the complete mercy of the 'maka bass'. So it is logical for these kind of people to try to buy something that has a less tendency to break down. i.e. a brand new car. Plus think of all the 'rasthiyadu' (having to take time off from work, running around to find parts etc) hassle of not having a car during a breakdown.

Rasthiyadu stories, yes. Garage rip-off stories, no. Maybe I just live in a sheltered world :)

But I would say most (not some) people don't have the technical know-how. myself included :(