• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Maruti Car Prices Increase

carbuddy

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Today I when to A#W with my friend to look for a car. Now there prices are higher than earlier prices. Also one person said that there is a delay in supplying vehicle too. Any body aware about this.

Please share...

Thanks.

Is this for Maruti? or also Suzuki? went past today and saw new-ish Suzuki's (DZire or sth like that) so it could just be new models.

Didn't see as many maruti's in the yard as there used to be (but the ones that were there were really covered in dust; maybe the buyer hasn't been able to fork out the balance payment :violent-smiley-099: ). anyway, with the demand for brand new maruti's increasing the agents may well be increasing their profit margin - esp. in last 7 years or so they had to operate at lower margins because of high duty, so now that duty is reduced maybe they're increasing the margins... it's not as if there's a lot of competition in that segment / price-point. but it should still be cheaper than the pre-reduction prices...

anyway, can you share the price info you got?

Hi All,

Today I when to A#W with my friend to look for a car. Now there prices are higher than earlier prices. Also one person said that there is a delay in supplying vehicle too. Any body aware about this.

Please share...

Thanks.

Tell your friend to buy some thing else.. used March, starlet or some thing.

Tell your friend to buy some thing else.. used March, starlet or some thing.

+1

that's the competitive edge that brand had, cheapest in the market (positioning and pricing strategies). They increase price without improving quality means it's about to loose the competitive edge them had (higher price without matching quality means positioning will confuse consumers)

+1

that's the competitive edge that brand had, cheapest in the market (positioning and pricing strategies). They increase price without improving quality means it's about to loose the competitive edge them had (higher price without matching quality means positioning will confuse consumers)

They do have a replacement for the Alto, called the A-star or sommat. Wonder how the build quality on that is.

carbuddy is correct, it is Maruti India that has increased the prices, i know many who r hoping to buy an 800, it is the vehicle of choice for the budget buyer but will they buy it now since its over 1mill, ppl who r on the waiting list might be getting a little nervous, fearful of more price increases

+1

agree.... they have increased prices by 60k++ just like that!!!!! and do u know the funny thing???? there are ppl who have paid advance for certain models and are waiting in the list for 3 months. apparently they also have to agree to the new prices (even though they have paid an advance for the earlier price) can u see how unfair game they are playing.....

they have said indian cost of manufacturing have gone up..... which i dont think a reasonable excuse for they profit margin increase :action-smiley-060:

They do have a replacement for the Alto, called the A-star or sommat. Wonder how the build quality on that is.

the quality looks ok... the interior looks like a swift... but it's tinny. u can feel it when u sit in the driver seat. no proper rear leg space also... but in some indian websites it's rated as a very good car... but the new price doesn't worth paying for it... may b the old price was atleast reasonable.

agree.... they have increased prices by 60k++ just like that!!!!! and do u know the funny thing???? there are ppl who have paid advance for certain models and are waiting in the list for 3 months. apparently they also have to agree to the new prices (even though they have paid an advance for the earlier price) can u see how unfair game they are playing.....

they have said indian cost of manufacturing have gone up..... which i dont think a reasonable excuse for they profit margin increase :action-smiley-060:

Wow... that's crazy. The main reason people buy this car is cause it's the cheapest brand new vehicle around. If they had any more money they would probably go for something better. Making them pay extra for vehicles they ordered before this situation is just plain downright wrong.

Wow... that's crazy. The main reason people buy this car is cause it's the cheapest brand new vehicle around. If they had any more money they would probably go for something better. Making them pay extra for vehicles they ordered before this situation is just plain downright wrong.

Under present economic situation spending 4 or 5 million of hard earned money for a used japanese metal cage is a waste. :P

Under present economic situation spending 4 or 5 million of hard earned money for a used japanese metal cage is a waste. :P

:P There are many others that you could buy cheaper and btw.... japanese make metal cages while the indians make them outta pig iron :P

You'll realize the mistake one day, when that chinese or indian lunch box hits a pole at 40kmph. Then it will be too late to realize the value of Japanese or Euro metal cages.

And you think the Japanese vehicles that people recommend you should buy rather than buying a Maruti costs 4 to 5 mill? What are you, brain dead? Its generally cars that can be bought in a similar price bracket around the 1 million mark. Coz under any economic condition spending more than 1 mill on a Maruti 800 is a waste.

And you think the Japanese vehicles that people recommend you should buy rather than buying a Maruti costs 4 to 5 mill? What are you, brain dead? Its generally cars that can be bought in a similar price bracket around the 1 million mark. Coz under any economic condition spending more than 1 mill on a Maruti 800 is a waste.

+1, you know, some old people never learn. We may be just wasting our words here, but there's something to learn for other readers, who thinks that going for a Maruti is the only option available, just because it comes brand new. :rolleyes:

You'll realize the mistake one day, when that chinese or indian lunch box hits a pole at 40kmph. Then it will be too late to realize the value of Japanese or Euro metal cages.

Just a thought - safety ratings are based on certain test conditions. But, while you cannot control some j***a$$ driving wrong side and knocking you, there are lots of parameters in your control (like speed, tyre maintenance, not driving under influence, etc.).

Given that a guy who buys a 1.8l car, or 3l jeep, is likely to drive much faster than someone who buys a 800cc maruti or 1000cc march etc. are there any safety stats adjusted for the usage patterns?

(I'm not disputing that the jap, and esp. euro cars are inherently safer, just about the practical implications of it)

e.g. some of the press coverage for the Nano was that its safety standards were below par... but the interesting response is that the Nano is not competing with the really safe cars, it's competing in the motorbike space, and it's the safest option for someone who can otherwise only afford a bike

4M - 5M??? are you out of your mind.

There are plenty of good Egnlish number plated March advertised in A/L around 1M - 1.2M... why on earth you waste your hard earned money on even more expensive Maruti's.

Don't tell me it's be best value for money, NO it's not.

But if you say it's the only/or very few BRAND NEW vehicle some can afford.. Yes you have point there.. all I can say it it's NOT WORTH IT.

Edited by MkX

brain dead is an understatement!!!

seems like we've got a lot of these types yapping about now than usual! wonder why?

Just a thought - safety ratings are based on certain test conditions. But, while you cannot control some j***a$$ driving wrong side and knocking you, there are lots of parameters in your control (like speed, tyre maintenance, not driving under influence, etc.).

Given that a guy who buys a 1.8l car, or 3l jeep, is likely to drive much faster than someone who buys a 800cc maruti or 1000cc march etc. are there any safety stats adjusted for the usage patterns?

(I'm not disputing that the jap, and esp. euro cars are inherently safer, just about the practical implications of it)

e.g. some of the press coverage for the Nano was that its safety standards were below par... but the interesting response is that the Nano is not competing with the really safe cars, it's competing in the motorbike space, and it's the safest option for someone who can otherwise only afford a bike

No mate..... less likely to happen here..... almost everyone wants to drive a 1.8/2L car economically as possible just look at the cefiro topic for instance.

A person who drives a maruti dosent worry about that, its brand new,and gives you great fuel figures either you rev it to 2rpm s or 7rpm s :P

Tend to disagree on trying to be safer in a potentially unsafe vehicle and I believed that until I heard this news of a lady who driven really slow and rear ended a van ended up dying due to non-collapsible steering wheel damaged her ribs. Needless to mention the vehicle she was driving. So, is it worth to risk your life for saving some bucks is the question I have and may be the answer differ from person to person.

What I observe on roads is contrary to this statement. Rather than driving safe, some 800's drive in the traffic like maniacs. :D