• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Import Tax

daram

what is the best way to avoid the custom duty on vehicles? can you buy a duty permit from an MP? is it legal ? howe much would it cost? how do you calculate the tax rate for diesel and petrol vehicles above 2000 CC? :angry-smiley-048::D

there is no way to avoid duty other than getting a duty free permit. but those are not cheap. plus the vehicle will have to be in the permit holders name for atleast 5 years.

i believe NGO's get duty free vehicles. you might try that option :angry-smiley-048:

what is the best way to avoid the custom duty on vehicles? can you buy a duty permit from an MP? is it legal ? howe much would it cost? how do you calculate the tax rate for diesel and petrol vehicles above 2000 CC? :angry-smiley-048::D

what do you mean, start an NGO?

:D would it be a simple procedure? hee hee please do give me some guidelines

actually it is pretty easy to start an NGO... that's why they were popping up all over the place right after the tsunami, after that the govt put a stop to new NGO's being created in the country

actually it is pretty easy to start an NGO... that's why they were popping up all over the place right after the tsunami, after that the govt put a stop to new NGO's being created in the country

yep lot of people made lot of money thanks to the tsunami

i think BOI projects also get duty free permits. so does hotels. about 3 - 4 years ago hotels used to get a permit. don't know about the current situation.

your best option is to get a MP permit. don't worry about the transferability its not an big issue.

forgot embassies too get permits. but they are not allowed to be sold to general public. if they are sold buyer have to pay an extra amount when registering which even out the duty free advantage. i've seen couple of landcrusers with 'FZ-xxxx' numbers. those are brought down under that permit.

yep lot of people made lot of money thanks to the tsunami

i think BOI projects also get duty free permits. so does hotels. about 3 - 4 years ago hotels used to get a permit. don't know about the current situation.

your best option is to get a MP permit. don't worry about the transferability its not an big issue.

forgot embassies too get permits. but they are not allowed to be sold to general public. if they are sold buyer have to pay an extra amount when registering which even out the duty free advantage. i've seen couple of landcrusers with 'FZ-xxxx' numbers. those are brought down under that permit.

how do you get a MP to give up his permit? what is the market rate that you have to pay him? :action-smiley-060:

how do you get a MP to give up his permit? what is the market rate that you have to pay him? :action-smiley-060:

show him a bad full of cash. best thing is to waite till an election thast when the bugers are desperate for cash.

i too would like to know the price of a MP permit?????? anyone

show him a bad full of cash. best thing is to waite till an election thast when the bugers are desperate for cash.

would 1 million be enough or maybe more??

:action-smiley-060:

After showing him a bag full of cash can we keep the money with us or do we have to hand over it to the MP? :action-smiley-060::angry-smiley-048: I would love to show a MP some cash and nick his permit.. jk