• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Flush

paty78

Any suggestion regarding engine flush and oil refil

It can do more harm to your engine than good, Unless your engine is badly effected by sludge ( sludge in oil lines etc) I would advise you against it.

If you are worried about sludge, then remove the top cover and the sump clean it manually.

Having said that I once had to use an engine flush because of badly effected sludge in oil lines , Which turned out to be a good result .

Edited by AL998

Be extremely careful here. What is the car and the engine ? Don't get taken in by a certain P*T S**P always recommending this. They busted a friends Vitara engine by going to do this once and tried to claim total ignorance afterward. He actually was initiating legal action against them !

Any suggestion regarding engine flush and oil refil

What is the reason for you to do engine flush? It is not advisable to do so if there is no real requirement.

Check the previous post, that this matter discussed thoroughly.

What is the reason for you to do engine flush? It is not advisable to do so if there is no real requirement.

Check the previous post, that this matter discussed thoroughly.

Thanks,

I'm having Nissan FB14 petrol auto,done about 180000km which is perfectly running. when i did the service and oil change from a leading service center few months back they ask me to do it but i said no. actually i want to find out details.

Are there any indications ?

Thanks,

I'm having Nissan FB14 petrol auto,done about 180000km which is perfectly running. when i did the service and oil change from a leading service center few months back they ask me to do it but i said no. actually i want to find out details.

Are there any indications ?

If its Not broken, Don't fix it. :rolleyes: If you do regular oil change and filter changes on time no need to worry about it.

If its Not broken, Don't fix it. :rolleyes: If you do regular oil change and filter changes on time no need to worry about it.

Got a small question; if it cause more damage than good (from what I've read so far), what is it for? Is there some legitimate time or reason you can use it, or is it just some bs marketing gimmick?

Got a small question; if it cause more damage than good (from what I've read so far), what is it for? Is there some legitimate time or reason you can use it, or is it just some bs marketing gimmick?

I was also wondering about this... actually if it was pure marketing gimmick (like fuel ionizers) but didn't do any real harm, it would still not be so bad. Some suckers will be parted from their money but no damage to the car.

Or is it that if you haven't been changing oil / filters regularly then you may have to do this?

As far as i know both engine flush and radiator flush are not compulsory if you do routing maintenance properly.

I don't have any personal experience or incidents that flushing has damaged vehicles, but there are plenty of examples car have been used for more than 20 years or so without single engine flush still going smoothly.

Practically it can harm your vehicle.

The deposits over the period of time in your car will loosen up and can go to other parts of the engine and block the small areas and reduce the lubrication of that.

Edit : check this link available on internet , Honda, Nissan, GM and Ford statements on engine flush. None if them recommend.

http://media.nbcbayarea.com/documents/Hond...d+Documents.pdf

Edited by MkX