• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Radiator Fan Directly Coupled To The Supply

kumudug

Hi. I need some help from you guys

Here is my problem. I bought a Mazda Demio recently and the radiator fan of the car is directly supplied from the battery. This was done when the radiator top tank was damaged previously. Apparently the fix was done by a makabas.

Obviously now I want to fix this the proper way. I checked the wiring and just couldn't find where the "makabas" shorted the wires coming from the temp censor. Normally how does these guys do that.

Here are the info I know and observed so far

1) The wires at the censor end is not shorted - so the short is done probably at the fan end.

2) Checked the wires in the fan end and couldn't find the short circuit.

3) Wires in the censor are pretty thin compared to the wires in the fan. My assumption was there should be some relay that drives the fan which gets operated from the wires from the censor. Couldn't find such a relay in the engine part diagrams. :unsure:

Can you guys please help me to do a DIY fix for this problem

:rolleyes:

Hi. I need some help from you guys

Here is my problem. I bought a Mazda Demio recently and the radiator fan of the car is directly supplied from the battery. This was done when the radiator top tank was damaged previously. Apparently the fix was done by a makabas.

Obviously now I want to fix this the proper way. I checked the wiring and just couldn't find where the "makabas" shorted the wires coming from the temp censor. Normally how does these guys do that.

Here are the info I know and observed so far

1) The wires at the censor end is not shorted - so the short is done probably at the fan end.

2) Checked the wires in the fan end and couldn't find the short circuit.

3) Wires in the censor are pretty thin compared to the wires in the fan. My assumption was there should be some relay that drives the fan which gets operated from the wires from the censor. Couldn't find such a relay in the engine part diagrams. :unsure:

Can you guys please help me to do a DIY fix for this problem

:rolleyes:

Never mind guys I found the relay :jumping-smiley-013: thus found the short. :food-smiley-004:

Apparently the relayed were on a different diagram. So now I need a different kind of help.

So I figured its either the relay or the temp censor that is busted. (I'm gonna check that now and make sure)

So where would I be able to buy parts of this kind except for the agents

Never mind guys I found the relay :jumping-smiley-013: thus found the short. :food-smiley-004:

Apparently the relayed were on a different diagram. So now I need a different kind of help.

So I figured its either the relay or the temp censor that is busted. (I'm gonna check that now and make sure)

So where would I be able to buy parts of this kind except for the agents

good to hear that you found the relay and further that maka baas hadn't tampered the original wiring.

Before you attempt to restore originality of the engine heat exchange circuit, check whether radiator top tank related damage is fully sorted out. If not, it'll prone to leak or burst again when fans operating based on the sensor input. Because it'll create more pressure in the system than when fans are engaged on full time basis.

Check the sensor whether it sends the signal at manufacturer recommended temperature, 95~98 degrees in most cases.

Asiri motors would have the required parts

good to hear that you found the relay and further that maka baas hadn't tampered the original wiring.

Before you attempt to restore originality of the engine heat exchange circuit, check whether radiator top tank related damage is fully sorted out. If not, it'll prone to leak or burst again when fans operating based on the sensor input. Because it'll create more pressure in the system than when fans are engaged on full time basis.

Check the sensor whether it sends the signal at manufacturer recommended temperature, 95~98 degrees in most cases.

Asiri motors would have the required parts

Thanks for the reply. Can you please give me the address/direction of Asiri motors

it's the first spare part shop can be seen to your left hand side as you proceed from maradana junction towards panchikawatta. Right opposite the color lights.

Thank you very much. Its my temp censor that's busted. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't work. Removed the clip from the censor for the time being so the fan works all the time. Should head to Asiri motors on next Saturday.

Thank you very much. Its my temp censor that's busted. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't work. Removed the clip from the censor for the time being so the fan works all the time. Should head to Asiri motors on next Saturday.

Got the censor and fixed it yesterday :jumping-smiley-013:

• 3 months later...