• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Primera Tp12

TURBOMAN

Hi Guys,

Im interested in buying Nissan Primera Tp12 2000cc car.

How is the present market?

Fuel economy?

Common problems?

Availability of spares?

Guys i need your expert opinions.Im not using cars regularly and comfort is the most important

Primera is such a good looking car ,but the price is much much less!

Can somebody tell me in detail please

Hi Guys,

Fuel economy?

Common problems?

Availability of spares?

Guys i need your expert opinions.Im not using cars regularly and comfort is the most important

quite a few cars around have not so well looked after CVT gear boxes that cause the whole market for the car go down. i think fuel consumption is not said to be good on some examples. but value for money is very high. i would not hesitate buying one after getting a favorable diagnostic check from agents (A*M*W). bdw what 2L engine does this have? the performance beast or regular 150hp one?

Edited by isurujosh

The primera TP 11 was such a good looking car but not the tp 12. It looks like too bulky and not sporty looking at all. The cars

:rolleyes: Ahhh, opinions.... So concrete ...

Hi Guys,

Fuel economy?

Common problems?

Availability of spares?

What is your budget for a TP12 2000cc?

I've heard that it does about 9 per litre on petrol.

The primera TP 11 was such a good looking car but not the tp 12. It looks like too bulky and not sporty looking at all. The cars are cheap as it dosent have a great second hand market unlike the sunny

if you want an a to b car then go for it

I gather the only reason it's 'cheap' and doesn't have a good second hand market is because it's got a 2 litre engine, which scares off most people and hence brings it's value down. I haven't used either of them but I would hardly classify them as just "a to b" cars!

Thanx Isuru,

But the Honda city also got CVT gear box.But it not that cheap

Could you please tell me whats the problem with this Cvt gear boxes.

Very good question, main reason for the Primera CVT cockup was the agents incompetence. Similar to the fate Mitsubishi GDI suffered. A*W's remedy for gearbox issues was to replace them. Buyers weren’t any better either. Most of them didn’t have any idea on how to take better care of the gerabox.

I gather the only reason it's 'cheap' and doesn't have a good second hand market is because it's got a 2 litre engine, which scares off most people and hence brings it's value down. I haven't used either of them but I would hardly classify them as just "a to b" cars!

No machang the main reason for the low secondhand value is the bad reputation attached to its gearbox. Then comes the engine displacement. Even the QP12 with the 1.8l engine has a pretty low value.

Very good question, main reason for the Primera CVT cockup was the agents incompetence. Similar to the fate Mitsubishi GDI suffered.

Was it Unit#d Mot#rs incompetence re. GDI? I thought it was just that it didn't work well with our fuel grades, dust, etc. (also part of the reason GDI was never imported brand new?)

Or did you mean that some parts could've been cleaned or repaired and they just replaced them which cost the customer a lot more?

:rolleyes: Ahhh, opinions.... So concrete ...

yeah! no comments!!!

It's such a lovely car...pleasure to drive and except for the somewhat under weighted steering...things are pretty solid.

looks are debatable since that's more to do with personal taste...

true the TP11 was a legendary car and the tp12 fell short of that. but IMHO for the money you pay, i doubt there's that many cars that can diss the TP12

if you're buying...take the car to the agents and get a full check up done!

and for the record...in our market you can't call the TP12 an A to B car....the sunny would be in that cat

i'm guessing some of those who are dissing this car haven't had much experience with it :P

No machang the main reason for the low secondhand value is the bad reputation attached to its gearbox. Then comes the engine displacement. Even the QP12 with the 1.8l engine has a pretty low value.

And that makes the value for the manual ones go down too huh. Well, at least that keeps them rather affordable.... :D

hmmmm.. first of all the tp12 is not an a to b car.. believe me its not.. that 2L engine can seriously put all those fart pipes eat their own fumes..

hmm.. and isn't there the manual sr20 VVL version.. owned by our marteinstien...

its a great car.. even i was interested in one until i found the b4..

hmmm. i say.. get it checked and then go for it mate...

Was it Unit#d Mot#rs incompetence re. GDI? I thought it was just that it didn't work well with our fuel grades, dust, etc. (also part of the reason GDI was never imported brand new?)

Or did you mean that some parts could've been cleaned or repaired and they just replaced them which cost the customer a lot more?

You have answered you own question. UniMo made a big deal out of the GDI issue, they wanted all sorts of filters and pumps replaced instead they could have been manually cleaned.

SL buyers like their cars bullet proof in terms of reliability. Any make/model that has a bit of a bad reputation attached to it is to take a severe beating to its second hand value.

Edited by xXx

I have driven both tp11 and tp 12 and tp11 is way more a drivers car than the tp12. Its realy sad that nissan just through the fun factor out and just made a normal family car with a bulky body. I think a cefiro s touring is a better option than this.

Anyway this is just my opinion so i guess it dosent count but if you like the car then go for it all the best

hmmmm.. first of all the tp12 is not an a to b car.. believe me its not.. that 2L engine can seriously put all those fart pipes eat their own fumes..

hmm.. and isn't there the manual sr20 VVL version.. owned by our marteinstien...

its a great car.. even i was interested in one until i found the b4..

hmmm. i say.. get it checked and then go for it mate...

Marty and Ash both have the HP12 with the manual box!

also..Ash upgraded from an HP11 so if he's around...he's the best guy to give a proper verdict.

Edited by Ripper

I just sold a TP12 and miss it big time. I had it for about 3.5 years and never had a gear box issue. From my understanding this legend of the faulty gearbox was created by people who used normal dextron 3 ATF as opposed to the correct NS1-CVT fluid which is what should be used. NS1 is quite expensive so people ignore the metal sticker on the ATF dipstick and use standard oil which damages the box I think this is where the legend springs from.

The P12 is a beauty I personally love the styling and has very nice pulling power if it's a in good condition. The comfort level is very nice as well.

However there seem to be a few cars which haven't been maintained that well so you would be well advised to get it checked through A*W & ALSO VERY IMPORTANT through a mechanic YOU TRUST who knows his stuff.

I think for two mil you will be able to get one but would warn you to look very closely at the mechanics & electrics of anything going cheaper.

I just sold a TP12 and miss it big time. I had it for about 3.5 years and never had a gear box issue. From my understanding this legend of the faulty gearbox was created by people who used normal dextron 3 ATF as opposed to the correct NS1-CVT fluid which is what should be used. NS1 is quite expensive so people ignore the metal sticker on the ATF dipstick and use standard oil which damages the box I think this is where the legend springs from.

The P12 is a beauty I personally love the styling and has very nice pulling power if it's a in good condition. The comfort level is very nice as well.

However there seem to be a few cars which haven't been maintained that well so you would be well advised to get it checked through A*W & ALSO VERY IMPORTANT through a mechanic YOU TRUST who knows his stuff.

I think for two mil you will be able to get one but would warn you to look very closely at the mechanics & electrics of anything going cheaper.

exactly!

and this i true to any car...not only CVT's and certainly not only TP12's

some people diss this car not knowing a lot about it... lame chaps!

maybe they think it's cool to diss certain models :P