• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nokia Mobile Phones

MkX

Hi guys. today I got new Nokia C5 phone. I have an issue in getting my old contact back up file transferred to new phone. Previous file is created by Nokia 5800. I have installed latest PC suit. When the file imported it says 0 contacts transferred. Check many sites but nothing helpful found on this.

Just check you have "phone switch" feature in C5...? just search in the mobile help for this keyword

phone swith is there I has 3 options syncronize, send, retrive requesting to on Bluetooth on both phone. I don't have another phone I have only the backup fine in laptop. Can I use laptop bluetooth feature for this.. but then how will it recognize the back file in computer?

As far as i remember when you do a backup using pc suit you have to make sure the contact information are also in the backup list by checking backup settings. If you have done that and its still not there try using the synchronize feature.

Normally you should do a synchronize before (using the old phone) and after the phone switch (with the new phone).

As far as i remember when you do a backup using pc suit you have to make sure the contact information are also in the backup list by checking backup settings. If you have done that and its still not there try using the synchronize feature.

Yes contacts are their in back up file. I can view them when i open it as a txt file.

Normally you should do a synchronize before (using the old phone) and after the phone switch (with the new phone).

I don't have old phone (5800) with me any more. Just got cotacts in to a back up file some time back using PC suit. Now i want to import same contact list to new phone (C5)

Edited by MkX

Check here, you might find something that will solve your issue.

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/PC-...into/m-p/387426

Thanks it is helpful. I am gonna try that out. I think we need to have .csv file exactly matches with the contacts fields we have in our mobile phone (home,mobile,genaral,fax,email,etc). Then if we import .csv file it should work. Difficuit part for me is to create .csv file since i don't have contact list any more, only the .nbu (backup) file. I'll export that and try to create .csv file and see. Thanks for the clues.