• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Don't Be Hurry To Buy A Vehicle

I heard that the import duty is going to be decreased to the prices we had in 1999 to 2000. So best is to sell your car now and wait for prices to come down

If we all do sell our cars right away then the price will go down. And what prices do we sell at the buyers opinion of "Current Market price" or the price the seller is comfortable with?

:action-smiley-060:

@ Harindraj77

So how can you justify the selling price of Allion NZT260(2007/2008) at about 5.4 to 5.8mn by car sales when the total cost would be at 4.3mn to 4.8mn

And Axio X grades at 4.3mn where as cost wouldn't exceed 3.5mn

Hello Asanka,

Give some chance to car dealers. They are not a charity. It takes around 3months to complete a deal from ordering in Japan to sell and clear the money in Sri Lanka.

It also has big risk involved, you could get a lemon which you will have to fix it up.

If you invested 3.5mn for a import would you be happy with 0.3mn profit? I don't think so. Risk is too high..........

I have personally imported a van this month and cost me almost 5.5mn. If I want to sell it i want atleast 6.5mn, which I don't.

If you don't want to pay the dealer margins why not import it ur self rather winning? Trust me it is not the easiest process.

Happy Blogging!!!

wrav001

someone mentioned that there will be a tax reduction again on November ???? is that true ? any confirmation guys ?

I wish they would. But it will the loose the integrity/trust of this government, so highly unlikely. This government has been the smartest I ve ever seen.

Fingers crossed they might increase the TAX. Hope NOT!!!