• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Reasonable Price For Fb 15 Car

chamaldf

Hello friends,

I'm looking to buy a FB15 car around 18 laks. I have these requirements; H or J series, Auto, Champaign gold, Super Saloon. in good Condition

Is it a reasonable price for buying such one for this price... if not how much would be the price such a car?

Regards,

Chamal

Edited by Pericles

Hello friends,

I'm looking to buy a FB15 car around 18 laks. I have these requirements; H or J series, Auto, Champaign gold, Super Saloon. in good Condition

Is it a reasonable price for buying such one for this price... if not how much would be the price such a car? If there is a car under these requirements Please let me know... 0 71 76 72 72 2

Regards,

Chamal

If you can get hold of a well maintained, YOM 2000, super saloon for that price tag, I would say go for it. As of recent past there's a huge demand for FB15, simply due to the asking prices of 96/97 AE110's are being absurd. Further, be very very careful of 'converted' and re-badged super saloons. Super saloon came with rear head rests, retractable mirrors, RPM meter, climate control a/c and color keyed body moldings and mirrors.

If you can get hold of a well maintained, YOM 2000, super saloon for that price tag, I would say go for it. As of recent past there's a huge demand for FB15, simply due to the asking prices of 96/97 AE110's are being absurd. Further, be very very careful of 'converted' and re-badged super saloons. Super saloon came with rear head rests, retractable mirrors, RPM meter, climate control a/c and color keyed body moldings and mirrors.

Thank You So much for your reply. Still I'm finding a car under such requirements.. I was searching for 1 month.. but still i couldn't find :( that is the worst case. If you are known such a car please let me know. Yes i know the rear seat has head rests in super saloon.. But i have no idea about other options/feature that comparing with EX Saloon. Why doesn't EX saloon has a RPM meter... actually i have lack of knowledge with these.. retractable mirrors means power mirror? anyways thanks lot for your feedback... :)

Thank You So much for your reply. Still I'm finding a car under such requirements.. I was searching for 1 month.. but still i couldn't find :( that is the worst case. If you are known such a car please let me know. Yes i know the rear seat has head rests in super saloon.. But i have no idea about other options/feature that comparing with EX Saloon. Why doesn't EX saloon has a RPM meter... actually i have lack of knowledge with these.. retractable mirrors means power mirror? anyways thanks lot for your feedback... :)

god knows why EX Saloon doesn't have a RPM meter, there's an ECO light provided instead, which tells you whether you're within optimum RPM / Speed ratio. Power mirrors are there in EX saloon but Super Saloon has retractable power mirrors, which can retract / extract.

god knows why EX Saloon doesn't have a RPM meter, there's an ECO light provided instead, which tells you whether you're within optimum RPM / Speed ratio. Power mirrors are there in EX saloon but Super Saloon has retractable power mirrors, which can retract / extract.

Ok dude thanks lot for the information. I understood of other feature that you mentioned above. I just want to know what did you mean by "color keyed body moldings and mirrors". You mean the black color band which is around the car? anyways thanks lot for your information...

Ok dude thanks lot for the information. I understood of other feature that you mentioned above. I just want to know what did you mean by "color keyed body moldings and mirrors". You mean the black color band which is around the car? anyways thanks lot for your information...

Usually in super saloon all that comes in the body color and Ex-Saloon it's black or grey.

And other thing, are there any high performance / more pick-up in the super saloon engine rather than EX saloon ?

And other thing, are there any high performance / more pick-up in the super saloon engine rather than EX saloon ?

This is a Sunny. Its not made for high performance/pick up, so don't look for it. If you wanna high performance FB15, you need to find a VZR version.

Thanks lot for your information... but see this car

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=32962

even though it is super saloon it has gray color band... perhaps it isnt manufacture every time with this rule...

The man already said be careful of "Badged" super saloons.

Hello friends,

Is it a reasonable price for buying such one for this price... if not how much would be the price such a car? If there is a car under these requirements Please let me know... 0 71 76 72 72 2

Regards,

Chamal

Just wondering - as you were not much aware of what's different in SuperSaloon vs. EX Saloon, why did you want a SuperSaloon?

If all you need is the "prestige" of a SuperSaloon then you might as well buy an EX and change the badge yourself :jumping-smiley-013:

Just wondering - as you were not much aware of what's different in SuperSaloon vs. EX Saloon, why did you want a SuperSaloon?

If all you need is the "prestige" of a SuperSaloon then you might as well buy an EX and change the badge yourself :jumping-smiley-013:

hm by the way man, didnt you see the difference between EX and super saloon above.... have a look at that.. :)

hm by the way man, didnt you see the difference between EX and super saloon above.... have a look at that.. :)

Yes, I did read the posts, and I did see the difference.

But I wasn't the one looking to buy a Super Saloon without knowing what I would be getting compared to the cheaper Ex.

Hm yes i have just google VZR model it comes as JB 15 isnt it... but the same body style... anyway is there a chance to find such a car in sri lanka.. if yes then how much would be the price range?

Yes, I did read the posts, and I did see the difference.

But I wasn't the one looking to buy a Super Saloon without knowing what I would be getting compared to the cheaper Ex.

Yes dude, it depends... this is my first car which is going to buy... im trying to buy good one for reasonable price.. that's why im asking you guys help.. and thanks lot for be a part of this discussion...

Yes dude, it depends... this is my first car which is going to buy... im trying to buy good one for reasonable price.. that's why im asking you guys help.. and thanks lot for be a part of this discussion...

And that's why I was asking - why do you want a Super Saloon?

What will it give you that an EX will not give you? No point to pay more for features that you don't really need/want.

And that's why I was asking - why do you want a Super Saloon?

What will it give you that an EX will not give you? No point to pay more for features that you don't really need/want.

gosh you gotta see an ex saloon with no rpm meter, hard touch plastics and the inferior in your face appearance every time you ride inside the car.

gosh you gotta see an ex saloon with no rpm meter, hard touch plastics and the inferior in your face appearance every time you ride inside the car.

Yes, the SuperSaloon is nicer than an EX. And there are any number of models nicer than a FB15 SuperSaloon.

The point I was trying to make is that OP didn't seem to know what was really different between EX and Super. No point to pay a premium for a SuperSaloon if a EX serves your needs.

Yes, the SuperSaloon is nicer than an EX. And there are any number of models nicer than a FB15 SuperSaloon.

The point I was trying to make is that OP didn't seem to know what was really different between EX and Super. No point to pay a premium for a SuperSaloon if a EX serves your needs.

Your point was why paying more for a super saloon if he's unaware of what extras available on top of an EX saloon?

I guess that's why chamaldf posted the question here rather than trying it out blindly. Now since he's been updated with what options available in addition to an EX saloon, no point bringing your argument over and over again. It's always worth to pay a small premium and go for better options by looking at how SL car market behaves. You'll enjoy all of bells and whistles and you'll be able to stand on your feet and sell for those who try to bargain a vehicle saying it lacks certain features.

Your point was why paying more for a super saloon if he's unaware of what extras available on top of an EX saloon?

I guess that's why chamaldf posted the question here rather than trying it out blindly. Now since he's been updated with what options available in addition to an EX saloon, no point bringing your argument over and over again. It's always worth to pay a small premium and go for better options by looking at how SL car market behaves. You'll enjoy all of bells and whistles and you'll be able to stand on your feet and sell for those who try to bargain a vehicle saying it lacks certain features.

If the OP intention was to find out what's the difference in Super vs. Ex, then your point is spot on... the way I read it, he had already decided he wanted a supersaloon and was checking on price range, and the topic went OT into EX vs. Super.

As for the premium pricing, it's still a matter of how much features for how much price... e.g. if the choice was to pay 3 lakhs more for a Super badge, rear head rests, retractable mirrors, body coloured bumpers, etc. etc. I may feel I have better things I can do with that money (even if I can recover some of it when I sell the car). If I had to pay 1 lakh more for all that, then I might go for it.

(well, except that I would never go for a B15 at all)

I will reserve FB 15 Splend one tomorrow... At the moment i have just seen only 2 differences for identifying splend.. Teak Steering wheel, and Splend badge in the body. Is that all?

Climate control also came with the model you mentioned. Also the Super has touch button Ac while the Ex has dials. The grey color band isn't a indicator IMHO.

I think 1.8 is too much. But thats my opinion. (The car market HAS crashed and all that ;))

@Sifaan the price difference between the Ex and Super is, or should be, around 100k. Chamal was obviously told that the Super saloon is in his budget so he wanted to get more information and turned to AL. Perhaps he expected to validate his choice after everyone pointed out the differences... My two cents of psychoanalysis!!

• 1 month later...