• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Import

daram

guys can you tell how much custom duty I have to pay if i buy a vehicle for 20,000 UK pounds and bring it down to SL? :D:D

Depends on your circumstances. Tell us more. ur details/car details etc. But we have discussed this before, perhaps u can do a search on the Al site for it,

Depends on your circumstances. Tell us more. ur details/car details etc. But we have discussed this before, perhaps u can do a search on the Al site for it,

true we've had this conversation before but if my memory serves me right non of those threads ended up successfully. it'll be really helpful for all of us if someone can post some updated info on the current duty scheme.

as for darem, import duty mainly depend on the model, age of the vehicle, engine capacity and options of the vehicle

Hi, best advice is to personaly meet an importer as they got good contacts etc. Recently the 121 we got from Singapore we got it 127000 lesser becuase of this dude who imports..

Hi, best advice is to personaly meet an importer as they got good contacts etc. Recently the 121 we got from Singapore we got it 127000 lesser becuase of this dude who imports..

if you don’t mind how much did you buy the 121 for??????? if you are saying you got it 127,000 lesser than the market price you may want to pop the hood and check if it has an engine or watch out for custom officers they may seize the car coz if it was legally brought down there's no way he can sell it that cheap

if you don’t mind how much did you buy the 121 for??????? if you are saying you got it 127,000 lesser than the market price you may want to pop the hood and check if it has an engine or watch out for custom officers they may seize the car coz if it was legally brought down there's no way he can sell it that cheap

i agree with you on that!!! 127,000 is a lot of money to reduce on a car...

Hi,

We got a 121 Beige Corolla, version - Elegance (same features as "G" grade) for 2.55/=. It got alloys, CD,leather seats,fogs,1500cc, VVTI engine. Nope no dirty business done, he got us the cost break down as well. It was personaly selected and bought through a dealer who does importing of his own..And yes, it is running very well(touch wood).

Hola

Hi,

We got a 121 Beige Corolla, version - Elegance (same features as "G" grade) for 2.55/=. It got alloys, CD,leather seats,fogs,1500cc, VVTI engine. Nope no dirty business done, he got us the cost break down as well. It was personaly selected and bought through a dealer who does importing of his own..And yes, it is running very well(touch wood).

Hola

i have no clue about the current market price for 121s so no comments on the bargain you managed to pull. non of the car sales can bring down a car legitimately and keep that kind of a profit that’s why there are loads of doggy stuff going on. BUT don't ever compare jap car prices with singa car prices even though they come with leather seats and all the rest of it they are always cheaper than the jap prices

on that note let me ask how much is a recon japanese G grade 121 these days??????? i just wana compare holas price with the market price :action-smiley-060:

• 4 months later...

Hola, if you don't mind could you please enlighted on what basis did this dealer get you this discount, because we know the duty for the car would be the same because that is already decided on the agent valuation of the car so irrespective of who imports for an identical car (model manufacturing year) you would pay the same ammount of duty.

So if a saving was made for you, it must have been on the purchase price of the vehicle ? am I correct ? or maybe the dealer cut down his cut from the deal,

if its neither and if you don't mind hola i would like to know how just out of curiosity,

Regards,

The Don

Hola, if you don't mind could you please enlighted on what basis did this dealer get you this discount, because we know the duty for the car would be the same because that is already decided on the agent valuation of the car so irrespective of who imports for an identical car (model manufacturing year) you would pay the same ammount of duty.

So if a saving was made for you, it must have been on the purchase price of the vehicle ? am I correct ? or maybe the dealer cut down his cut from the deal,

if its neither and if you don't mind hola i would like to know how just out of curiosity,

Regards,

The Don

Hi, no issue. I will tell you the whole story. We bought this week before the presidential election that means in November 2005. At that time a "G" grade from Japan went around 2.8 and same version from Singapore went around 2.675...What we did was we had a friend who is also a dealer who personal selected a 121 from Singapore which has same features as the "G" grade such as the illuminiated speedometer, leather seats, alloys. You know when you buy a car off the counter its with a hidden profit markup, sisnce he is a friend we waived it off by 50% and got it nearly for the cost price in Singapore. Anyone can do the personal import thing if you have the right person to handle the import process. Hope this answear you bro..