• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nisan K11 Eps Problem

K11

Question

I have Nisan March K11 YOM 2002 and this has come with EPS. I observed some noise from steering rack when I drive on a bumpy roads and replace the rack end bush (Fabricated with Nylon), after 3 months time again I felt its bit harder to do Right turn than Left turn So I went back to same place again and after a inspection they have replace the bush for the second time couple of days before. But when I’m going to park my car @ de office Steering become more harder than ever, I was really wonder what is happening and I’m guessing problem is with EPS motor or gearing unit, when I call to garage again they told that I have to replace the motor + rack and it is come as hall unit and can’t replace motor along, also it would be cost over 25k .

Please help me to find a solution for this do I have to replace entire rack ? how much it cost around? :unsure:

I saw some Comments in de web about K11 EPS system and please share your expert knowledge and Experiences about this it would rather help all K11 users and those who are willing to buy.

5 answers to this question

I have Nisan March K11 YOM 2002 and this has come with EPS. I observed some noise from steering rack when I drive on a bumpy roads and replace the rack end bush (Fabricated with Nylon), after 3 months time again I felt its bit harder to do Right turn than Left turn So I went back to same place again and after a inspection they have replace the bush for the second time couple of days before. But when I’m going to park my car @ de office Steering become more harder than ever, I was really wonder what is happening and I’m guessing problem is with EPS motor or gearing unit, when I call to garage again they told that I have to replace the motor + rack and it is come as hall unit and can’t replace motor along, also it would be cost over 25k .

Please help me to find a solution for this do I have to replace entire rack ? how much it cost around? :unsure:

I saw some Comments in de web about K11 EPS system and please share your expert knowledge and Experiences about this it would rather help all K11 users and those who are willing to buy.

Why you went for nylon bush I may ask? For hydraulic operated racks it's inevitable as rack is worn out and even if you replace with replacement it will spew out oil. But for your model, you could've found that repair kit. Simply lathe guys try to make this bush as tight as possible to last long, which might create an extra load on the EPS motor.

Did you notice any difference as soon as this repair was done? if not, that extra load might've weaken the motor, I'm assuming.

If possible try to replace those nylon bushes with originals to see is there any difference. Even if that fails, before replacing the entire rack, give it a try to find out repairing of this motor (assuming replacing motor brushes would provide a temporary solution) is possible. If the cost for repair is couple of thousands, still worth to repair and use it for sometime.

Further, I know few examples of this (cup holder model) K11 cars were 'converted' to hydraulic PAS system due to expensive repairs involve with the EPS rack and motor. Personally not recommended knowing the benefits of an EPS towards fuel efficiency, handling and response. So if your garage guys propose this, promptly refuse and resort to repair/restore EPS system.

Thank you very much about your comment, I’m also think about a method to overcome this issue without replacing the rack.

I observe this harden after two days(Today morning) of replacing the bush for second time within 3 months time , I don’t have any idea about the original bush material and y they fabricate is using nylon :unsure: most probably this might be a issue with quality of de nylon material that they use to lathe?. And also they told me original bush is not available to buy in the market and have to fabricate it. I’m really worry about, due to this hardness of the steering will effect to malfunction of the EPS motor. :(

Car is in the car park now I dnt know whether I could be able drive it to home today evening. :unsure:

Thank you very much about your comment, I’m also think about a method to overcome this issue without replacing the rack.

I observe this harden after two days(Today morning) of replacing the bush for second time within 3 months time , I don’t have any idea about the original bush material and y they fabricate is using nylon :unsure: most probably this might be a issue with quality of de nylon material that they use to lathe?. And also they told me original bush is not available to buy in the market and have to fabricate it. I’m really worry about, due to this hardness of the steering will effect to malfunction of the EPS motor. :(

Car is in the car park now I dnt know whether I could be able drive it to home today evening. :unsure:

before going to replace and suspect the motor, give a further checking to see whether they've messed with wires/connectors (thinking out loud to see another possibility, not dissing your mechanic) related to this system. EPS takes an input from the speed sensor to adjust the motor contribution. If this input is not there it might either become heavy on parking position or too light when driving. Ask them to check all electronics/wiring are intact.

yap as you sad sm time problem could be in de sensor, have to check it.

Is This Common Issue in K11 EPS ?

I saw sm other post regarding Toyota 121, vios , ect they have explain the issue giving K11 EPS as a example by saying "As in Nisan K11 model ..... "

yap as you sad sm time problem could be in de sensor, have to check it.

Is This Common Issue in K11 EPS ?

I saw sm other post regarding Toyota 121, vios , ect they have explain the issue giving K11 EPS as a example by saying "As in Nisan K11 model ..... "

Came across with many models claiming issues with EPS, probably something to do with the road conditions. Why they refer to K11 often is it was one of very first models here in SL known to have EPS.