• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fb15 1999 Model- Eco Indicator

PrasaP

I have FB15 1999 modle car. since last week I have noticed that few minutes after I switched ON,

green color 'ECO' indicator is ON at dashboard. What is the reason for it?

means the car is on economy mode

I have FB15 1999 modle car. since last week I have noticed that few minutes after I switched ON,

when engine reaches optimum temperature it considers RPM and vehicle speed to determine whether it's within economical range. If so, this green light comes up.

Even some of the indian bikes has this red and green lights to provide an indication on fuel consumption, same thing done with one light. :)

but why didnt it come on before last week?

may be radiator fans were running continously and therefore engine never reached optimum working temperature, may be he purchased the vehicle on last week or too lazy to look at the indicator panel and therefore wouldn't have noticed the light or never ever drove conservatively, fuel efficiently before last week.

Lot of possibilities :D

What you mean, after engine starts or when you put the switch to on/acc position

If its come after engine start, nothing to worry about it.

Edited by MkX