• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fast Sohc's At The Drags

SOHC Power

Interestingly, nowadays its most evident that the SOHC's put up a good show at the drags. Any idea what some of the fastest cars among them are? What mods have been done to them? Any significant runs? Where exactly do they stand? Ofcourse there is a varied school of thought on each others opinions on this topic, but nevertheless I feel that these SOHC boys are given less credit than what they really deserve...

Quite True.........I too believe the SOHC engines are underestimated bigtime in Sri Lanka :angry-smiley-048:

Thumbs up to those SOHC s making news :action-smiley-060:

Cheers all around;

-A

Esema WEva

i see a very dedicated bunch of sohc owners, once i was at pilla, i was amazed to see the amount of mods they have. pretty commited i have to say.

did not go for drags for a long time. does it happen as usuall. ?

Ya man, the owners/tuners of those Mighty SOHCs are some dedicated motherf**kers. It is hard to quantify their pace now because there haven't been any official drags in a while, but a couple of them shouldn't be far away from B-series territory.

Well Gihan I think u should double check with Ravi, his car is 1.6l SOHC VTEC now, he put in a new engine with TunediChips ECU. Hey Thusha the other car is quicksilver

i c ... now i know thanks bro !!!

anyway 1.6 dohc stock 170bhp and 1.5 sohc stock 130bhp ... how come it gain hell of power to beat mighty dohc....

i c ... now i know thanks bro !!!

anyway 1.6 dohc stock 170bhp and 1.5 sohc stock 130bhp ... how come it gain hell of power to beat mighty dohc....

Um, no man, its a ZC SOHC, which is rated in some circles at 140 PS, about 10 PS more than the proper three-stage VTEC D15.

Just to reiterate, its a SOHC, not a DOHC.

Um, no man, its a ZC SOHC, which is rated in some circles at 140 PS, about 10 PS more than the proper three-stage VTEC D15.

Just to reiterate, its a SOHC, not a DOHC.

;) i thought its DOHC... thanks 4 info bro, when is the next?