• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Channel "discovery Turbo"

car91guy

What do you mean by hosting a new channel with the help of the media? If you were to create a new channel you would have to either

1. Be able to invest the channel yourself and clear all the red tape.

2. Market the idea to another channel

The main problem in starting a new t.v. station is that there is alot of investment required. Then you would need to line up the right advertisers and have a large enough target market. Somehow I think in Sri Lanka, the idea of a single channel dedicated to motor vehicles would not turn out as well as most people work during the day time and the bnumber of housewives tuning into an automotive channel would be too small. A better way to go about it is to have a 1 hour auto show during the prime time. This way you could just market a 1 hour slot to a T.V station and lineup the right advertisers who would be willing to pay a sufficient premium for a spot during the show.

Remember, a tv channel or show is only as good as it's advertisers.

What do you mean by hosting a new channel with the help of the media? If you were to create a new channel you would have to either

1. Be able to invest the channel yourself and clear all the red tape.

2. Market the idea to another channel

The main problem in starting a new t.v. station is that there is alot of investment required. Then you would need to line up the right advertisers and have a large enough target market. Somehow I think in Sri Lanka, the idea of a single channel dedicated to motor vehicles would not turn out as well as most people work during the day time and the bnumber of housewives tuning into an automotive channel would be too small. A better way to go about it is to have a 1 hour auto show during the prime time. This way you could just market a 1 hour slot to a T.V station and lineup the right advertisers who would be willing to pay a sufficient premium for a spot during the show.

Remember, a tv channel or show is only as good as it's advertisers.

hmmm.. comin to think of it.. there's like a hell lot of thing to get about to host just a channel..

if you look at the effort...both physical and creative input that goes into something like "turbo"...i think we are far far behind!

IMHO the only local motor programme created by a very popular local channel was an utter flop!

finding a host who knows about the subject and be able to present in itself is a huge challenge...

Imagine trying to have a dedicated channel and be able to find the material to keep it busy???

i don't see that happening for quite a while unfortunately!

if you look at the effort...both physical and creative input that goes into something like "turbo"...i think we are far far behind!

IMHO the only local motor programme created by a very popular local channel was an utter flop!

finding a host who knows about the subject and be able to present in itself is a huge challenge...

Imagine trying to have a dedicated channel and be able to find the material to keep it busy???

Frankly, I don't see that happening here ever.

Frankly, I don't see that happening here ever.

Just imagine the number of cars with body kits that would be featured on the show............ WOW!!!!!! :rolleyes:

That itself would keep the channel busy, what with some of the ...errr...."creative" examples on our roads.