• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Market Price

pathola 1

i'm interested in a BMW 3 series (petrol or diesel).

How much should i pay for a very well maintained car?

Appreciate ur comments.

Is there a big difference between the E 36 & E 46 ?

Is it the age or the class ?

E 36 old bmw 3 series which luks kinda boxy

E 46 da new face

E36

e36.jpg

E46

bmw-e46sedan318ia.jpg

Hey tnx so much mate E46 is not visible If i directly try to access forbidden access error is prompted, but i think i know the E46, one of my dream vehicles, 3+ mn. is not affodable for me right now... not to mention the petrol cost... BTW will it be really expensive maintaining nd pumping fuel to a E36?

E46

bmw3seriessedan325i2005exterio.jpg

Hey tnx so much mate E46 is not visible If i directly try to access forbidden access error is prompted, but i think i know the E46, one of my dream vehicles, 3+ mn. is not affodable for me right now... not to mention the petrol cost... BTW will it be really expensive maintaining nd pumping fuel to a E36?

E46

bmw3seriessedan325i2005exterio.jpg

Thank you so much for the information.

Just have to sell my K11 and my fathers AT 212 hahaha

Maintenence of a E-36 is somewhat more expensive than a typical jap car. But if you get the maintenence doen at the agents you will be rooked. There is a person who is well known among BMW owners who can do a equally good job as the agents. Yes some spares are a little more expensive than Japs cars. But for example the front brake pads cost on 3500 bucks.

A 318i auto does between 7-8 in colombo running. hope this helps

Maintenence of a E-36 is somewhat more expensive than a typical jap car. But if you get the maintenence doen at the agents you will be rooked. There is a person who is well known among BMW owners who can do a equally good job as the agents. Yes some spares are a little more expensive than Japs cars. But for example the front brake pads cost on 3500 bucks.

A 318i auto does between 7-8 in colombo running. hope this helps

Tnx so much mate... very useful info

if u manage to get ur hands on one...i can guarantee thru experience dat dey r sum of d best handling cars on d planet...my best mate had an E30 in UK n i luvd d twisty's in dat car...only problem is d older 3's get very loud aftr a couple yrs but dey go on for hundrds of thousnds of miles without much fuss...

I'm actually a huge BMW fan as well..especially the older ones. Personally, I'd prefer and E30 or E36 over the newer ones. The older ones feel much more solid. Don't get me wrong, the new ones are amazing cars as well, just love the look and feel of the older ones.

Age doesn't really matter with these cars...so I'm sure you could find something a bit older thats quite affordable...just make sure it's been well taken care of, and you'll be set for years to come.

the funny bit is...once my sis's mate brought his cuz's red E36 over n it was parkd in such a manner dat other vehicles cudnt get thru...wen i noticd dat i told him to move it n instead of doin so he gave me d keys WOOHOOO i spent d next 20mins driving arnd my neighborhood showing off to my neighbors and dat car was a bomb!!!! d only problem i had was tryin to revers cos i cudnt figur out how to shift to revers since it was my 1st experienc wit a german car

wen i finally got home i was given weird looks as to why i took dat long to park a car lol...great car

the e36 is a very nice car as long as it's maintained properly. those with little or no problems are usually not sold. once they start giving problems, you will be spending left and right on them

i had a 19- e36 for about 1 year. it was a great car but then started to give problems. each time it goes into the shop, you are looking at around 20K. my problems started with radiator. i sold it after the first repair but the guy who took it off me was an enthusiast. so he got it back to excellent condition. only cost him 2.5 lakhs :lol:

the car is for sale again. 19-6559. it's dark red with upgraded rims etc.

if you are going for a e36. check out the history as much as possible and try not to get a UK import. the domestic version has more options. easiest way is to chekc if the rear seats has headrests. if it does, then it's a domestic version

• 3 months later...

i'm interested in a BMW 3 series (petrol or diesel).

How much should i pay for a very well maintained car?

Appreciate ur comments.

good you want to buy car very intresting and tell me how to pay when you want to and there nearest company in the store

nice one sharks,

i driven a E36 too and iwhen i try to change lanes i put wipers instead of signal lights but anyway its damn nice car to drive. when u press sport button its sounds nice when changing gears and the pickup.

\

i guess you are a funny guy

good you want to buy car very intresting and tell me how to pay when you want to and there nearest company in the store

what does that suppose to mean????????

i guess you are a funny guy

dude there's nothing funny about this it does happen. guess you haven't driven a european car :angry-smiley-048:

the funny bit is...once my sis's mate brought his cuz's red E36 over n it was parkd in such a manner dat other vehicles cudnt get thru...wen i noticd dat i told him to move it n instead of doin so he gave me d keys WOOHOOO i spent d next 20mins driving arnd my neighborhood showing off to my neighbors and dat car was a bomb!!!! d only problem i had was tryin to revers cos i cudnt figur out how to shift to revers since it was my 1st experienc wit a german car

wen i finally got home i was given weird looks as to why i took dat long to park a car lol...great car

this wouldnt hapen to be a bright red 320d would it?

hey guys.. i own a e36 coupe,, and i must say its a very nice car,,and pretty damn fast as well,(mines 325is), ive had the car since 2years now,, no probs so far apart from reguler maintenance,, im loveing every moment in it.. just wish i could bring it back to sl..