• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Porsche-Eating Sti

Duncan

During a recent drag meet here in SA there was a heavily modified STi (former generation). It was one of those "money is no object" jobs. The guy had not spared any expense and had gone all the way, both interms of cosmetic and mechanical modifications. Even had a sound system that could dwarf the mortgage of a medium sized house.

As part of the event, all racers were entitled to a free dyno tune sponsored by a leading auto tuning company. The Scoobie measured in at 293kw on the dyno (awsome huh?!!).

Then came the actual event. Here STi's and EVo's are generally pitted against the likes of BMW M3's and similar cars. The outcome being 50/50 either way. But this particular STi ate them all up and kept coming back for more!

Eventually the STi was pitted against a Porsche 911 turbo. On the initial take off the 911 had the lead, but a few seconds later the STi pulled away by a humongus margin ;) The only consolation to the owner of the Porsche being that it was stock standard.

Cheers

PS unfortunately I did not have my camera with me, so no pics to show. But it sure will be displyed in the local Drag Mags, so will try to scan it off when I can.

Stock 911 Turbo S is certainly more powerful than the stock 2.0 Sti.

The point is, this guy had done so much mods, it was quite a pleasure to stand on the side of the strip and watch.

Stock 911 Turbo S is certainly more powerful than the stock 2.0 Sti.

The point is, this guy had done so much mods, it was quite a pleasure to stand on the side of the strip and watch.

Dude this sounds like a treat to have watched.... I'm sure our friend Mr. Nigel Perera (being the true STi patron he is...) would have been the happiest huh? ;)

Drop a couple o pics when u can.... :D

Thax in advance

-A

Dude this sounds like a treat to have watched.... I'm sure our friend Mr. Nigel Perera (being the true STi patron he is...) would have been the happiest huh? ;)

Drop a couple o pics when u can.... :D

Thax in advance

-A

Ashan where in Senok do u work?? Do u come to the Service section??

Ashan where in Senok do u work?? Do u come to the Service section??

Yo Andrew,

I handle all the Marketing & Branding stuff for Audi & VW (...& Subaru to a certain extent).....and I'm @ e Audi Showroom..............................whats up?

Cheers,

-A