• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Non-yaris Tax Question

jdnet

Hey guys,

Just out of curiosity I was wondering how much the tax would be if I had my wife ship all my auto tools to me from the U.S. The total value would be rougly $5000-6000. I'm thinking of buying a classic car an restoring it and would love to have my tool collection next to me while doing it and I don't want her to sell em off because I did put some effort into building my collection. Oh and also would any of you know know where I could find a couple of cans of butane to refill my soldering iron? Ran out of fuel and I hate using electric soldering irons since the power wire always seems to get in the way and leads to me burning myself.

Hey guys,

Just out of curiosity I was wondering how much the tax would be if I had my wife ship all my auto tools to me from the U.S. The total value would be rougly $5000-6000.

http://www.customs.gov.lk/crdtc2/HSCODES_list.asp

search for tools

seems the rates vary according to the type of tool... e.g. pliers would be 27%

http://www.customs.gov.lk/crdtc2/HSCODES_list.asp

search for tools

seems the rates vary according to the type of tool... e.g. pliers would be 27%

That would be for importing Brand new ones.

I know a friend who bought a Workshop worth of stuff from KSA and set up his own place here. That included compressors, hydralic jacks, tools from the smallets to the biggest and all in between. If you send it as your personal stuff along with other stuff in a SEA pallet, you can clear it as a returning Expat.

Best guys to call will be TRICO or Laksiri Sewa office, if they have in the US.

When I also returned from KSA in 2001, I got down 1.5 Cbms worth stuff including ladders and drills and other hardware stuff and I paid the minimum.