• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gunners Supercross, 2010, Minneriya

Ripper

http://tinyurl. com/23y9j4r

The hottest race this season for the SLGT class with Aravinda, DD and Pasindu all having a chance at getting the SLARDAR championship trophy! :)

Only a few points separate them and someone will have to nail both the races!

Anybody planning on going?

Most probably i will be going :D

As usual, i'm going saturday evening.

oh well...don't have the luxury of staying away from the junior so i'll be driving sunday morning....early early morning! :P

wonder how long it will take if one can average about 60kmph???

The truck is not really built for speed :P

oh well...don't have the luxury of staying away from the junior so i'll be driving sunday morning....early early morning! :P

Hi Ripper

About 4 Hrs time :) Hope you are going through kandy road must be watchful of early cops

usually at the week end i start 2.30 am to nawalapitiya still meet cops waiting to collect early tea and breakfast :)

thanks

regards

sumith

Takes me 3 and a half hours, usually. I leave Ratmalana at abt 4:30am and get to Habarana by abt 8 for breaki :)

And this is doing the legal 70kmph, not over that.

Getting back is a bugger though......unless you leave there around 8 or 9 ish...

As Sumiya said maybe abt 4 if the truck is kinda slow.....and yes there are cops, but they wont

stop you unless you're doing summin wrong ne? :D

Edited by SHAI

• 3 weeks later...

Takes me 3 and a half hours, usually. I leave Ratmalana at abt 4:30am and get to Habarana by abt 8 for breaki :)

And this is doing the legal 70kmph, not over that.

Getting back is a bugger though......unless you leave there around 8 or 9 ish...

As Sumiya said maybe abt 4 if the truck is kinda slow.....and yes there are cops, but they wont

stop you unless you're doing summin wrong ne? :D

thanks shai... yeah 70 sounds decent and 3-4 hours is ok i suppose.

The truck can hit 100-120 without too much of hassle but control at those speeds isn't comforting...especially after seeing so many crashes these days...

yeah last time returning from sigiriya was bit of a bitch though with quite a bit of traffic on the road but don't have a choice in that matter.

i will be out of the track the moment the races finish!

Aravinda won the championship. Very aggressive race it was with super driving by the top 3.

Pasindu's car seem to put the most power to the ground cos the moment he got the lead...he just rocketed off. Some of the best driving all season imho.

Looks like the X did better than expected this year :) Certainly couldn't have expected to be in the running for the championship at the end of the year from the way it started out. And all the issues it ran into during the year.

heh heh...the X did well enough to have some of us as hood ornaments :)

mind you it was leading the first race until half way trough the last lap where the 9 overtook in a corner. i'd say that little gap dd had on the inside lane lost him the race :( Then starting 2nd position on race 2 kinda sealed it...

what happened to him in race 2... they never showed how AP got ahead of DD

that track has so many blind spots to cameras and you'd need a lot of cams to fully cover it... I too didn't see how AP got through but heard it was in a corner where DD went a little wide on