• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Electronic Power Steering And Check Button

carnuwan1

Question

hi gys i drive a swift HTS 51 manual built in 2001

i have a few problems in which i want to get some advice

i am not an expert in cars so i may even make some mitakes in the posting so please bair with me

1 some times when i start the car the EPS indicator on the dash board comes on and the steering becomes very hard

my present garage owner told me to switch off the car wait for some time and then start it works but i wantto know what happens and what i should do about it

the indication does not comes on all the time but specially when i start following a stop after a few meter drive either in the 1 or 5th gear

2since few weeks the CHECK ENGINE SIGN comes on and stays on EVE WITHOUT THE EPS sign not being on the car runs normally and after few kilometers the indicator goes off in its own

the AUTO POWER MIRROR button is not working and has been disconnected

the drivers side window is not working cause of that

however the other windows are working through their own and main pannel switches

i am living in panadura and please can any of you guys recommend an honest place to go near by or even in the colombo area

thanks a lot

bye

nuwan

2 answers to this question

hi gys i drive a swift HTS 51 manual built in 2001

i have a few problems in which i want to get some advice

i am not an expert in cars so i may even make some mitakes in the posting so please bair with me

1 some times when i start the car the EPS indicator on the dash board comes on and the steering becomes very hard

my present garage owner told me to switch off the car wait for some time and then start it works but i wantto know what happens and what i should do about it

the indication does not comes on all the time but specially when i start following a stop after a few meter drive either in the 1 or 5th gear

2since few weeks the CHECK ENGINE SIGN comes on and stays on EVE WITHOUT THE EPS sign not being on the car runs normally and after few kilometers the indicator goes off in its own

the AUTO POWER MIRROR button is not working and has been disconnected

the drivers side window is not working cause of that

however the other windows are working through their own and main pannel switches

i am living in panadura and please can any of you guys recommend an honest place to go near by or even in the colombo area

thanks a lot

bye

nuwan

Hi carnuwan1

Just take it to Kumara at Horana , just opposite lane from the CTB Depot,

he is a good guy ,but he is bit expensive .

thanks

regards

sumith

Dear Nuwan,

Normally EPS sign appears on the dash board when you swith on and it should disappear once engine is started. If it does not go mean your power steering system has a fault and difficult to turn the wheel. For this problem i advise you to go to the agent and diagnose the problem using the software.

Your power window problem is not a big issue and you may get it attended at Darley road but don't get caught to KAKKO on the road. There is a good shop at just in front of St Joseph's college.