• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A/c Turns Off Automatically In A Hot Sunny Day

lasi

Hi Guys,

I have a strange A/C problem in my Vios. A/C turns off on its own when I drive the car in a hot sunny day. It is cooling for couple of minutes and turns off automatically. If I will keep A/C off for couple of minutes and turn on, again it cools. Things get worst when I drive the car after being parked under direct sun light.

This problem never happen on a rainy day or driving at night (no matter how long I drive)

What could be the problem here guys??????? :unsure:

I had a simila problem & problem was faulty cooling fan. Check your cooling system if the temperature is too high when you encounter the problem.

thanks for the info. was your cooling fan stopped working completely?

I saw mine is working when engine start; but couldn't check when problem happen.next time will do.

What did you do then?

Hi Guys,

I have a strange A/C problem in my Vios. A/C turns off on its own when I drive the car in a hot sunny day. It is cooling for couple of minutes and turns off automatically. If I will keep A/C off for couple of minutes and turn on, again it cools. Things get worst when I drive the car after being parked under direct sun light.

This problem never happen on a rainy day or driving at night (no matter how long I drive)

this was told by a AC technician sometime back, there is a valve or something in the ac system to shut down the compressor if the system getting too hot, to protect the compressor. it does not switch off the engine cooling fan. this only happen in very hot days. but, i'm not 100% sure. this is according to that guy.

thanks for the info. was your cooling fan stopped working completely?

I saw mine is working when engine start; but couldn't check when problem happen.next time will do.

What did you do then?

No. It was running slow. Replacing the fan solved the prob. What happens is AC is being switched off by the high pressure relay.

this was told by a AC technician sometime back, there is a valve or something in the ac system to shut down the compressor if the system getting too hot, to protect the compressor. it does not switch off the engine cooling fan. this only happen in very hot days. but, i'm not 100% sure. this is according to that guy.

Thanks,

did he say why system get too hot (apart from cooling fan problem)?

No. It was running slow. Replacing the fan solved the prob. What happens is AC is being switched off by the high pressure relay.

Thanks,

How did he concluded the fan is slow? was it that much norticable? or did he use some equipment? I want to check mine too. BTW, how much did it cost you to the replacement?

Hi Guys,

There can be a relationship between these. And i think there should be a protective mechanism to avoid overheat of the compressor due to the excessive use. How you operates you A/C. Do you put minimum temperature when its very hot or when you drive after you parked in Sunlight. Why to reduce the A/C temperature control little by little.

Out office A/C trip switch used to get off in hot days and we keep on using it again then compressor got burnet.. same happened two times.. then we fixed another A/C because the load is too much for single A/C. Problem solved.

There can be a relationship between these. And i think there should be a protective mechanism to avoid overheat of the compressor due to the excessive use. How you operates you A/C. Do you put minimum temperature when its very hot or when you drive after you parked in Sunlight. Why to reduce the A/C temperature control little by little.

Out office A/C trip switch used to get off in hot days and we keep on using it again then compressor got burnet.. same happened two times.. then we fixed another A/C because the load is too much for single A/C. Problem solved.

There could be a connection. but Auto A/C is not customized design ne. I mean it is designed to facilitare 5 passengers for a comfortable ride on sunny day. if it is a design fault, it should happen to all cars of that model. I think AC temperature control has no connection to this as.

Can you recommand me a technically qualified A/C workshop with excellent customer care?