• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Swift Stopped With Dead Battery

AMI0755

Question

My 2001 Suzuki Swift Suddenly started to give trouble, this is what happened

1 - Started the Car (Not sure whether the Battery Charge indicator was on), no problems it started normally.

2 - When went on to the road, the Battery Charge indicator started to Flash

3 - ABS indicator switched on

4 - Air Bag Indicator Switched on

5 - EPS Indicator Switched on

6 - I stopped the Car, and could not start again

7 - Started the car with a Jumper, the vehicle was ok, started with one stroke (Not sure whether the Battery Charge indicator was on)

8 - After a while 3 - 5 happened again

Started the car with a different Battery, car started and the Battery Charge indicator was off.

Checked the Battery the level of fluid is below the minimum level,

Is this the normal behaviour of this car when the battery is dead ?,

I ran about 10km in the morning with out trouble and the car started without any problem in the evening, before stalling in about 15 mins. how is this possible ?

The vehicle had a 'creek' noise coming when I start the car in the morning and in the evening, and I checked it up and the belt was tightened, a week a go, but the 'creek' noise stayed. and now before and after the problem I do not get the 'creek' noise when starting the car, may due to a faulty battery ?

Edited by AMI0755

5 answers to this question

Hi Dude

Before you go for a new battery it is advisable to check your charging system with alternator output etc,or could be a leaking voltage in the system to flat you battery.

battery water level reduces sometimes when it is overcharged too.

and about creek noise i remember i have heard in my uncle's swift also the reason is that

he is keeping key turn after car get started too.could be that the reason because i have noticed when i start there is no creek sound like that. :)

thanks

regards

sumith

your warning lights coming on is normal if the battery is going down.. since all these systems are electronically controlled the systems will fail when the battery is dieing.. its like a slow human death where ur organs are been shut down one by one... man i was wating to use that example for quite sometime... :lol:

Looks like the battery is not charging well, so likely the alternator like mentioned.

The fluid level low maybe a seperate issue but not the primary cause. But still why the car suddnely stall while driving is a bit of a mistery ? Is this car EFI ?

Thank you all, I am a bit relieved, I thought some thing rally wrong :D .

Yap it is a EFI car,

I will have to get my alternator tested.

One thing, I stopped the car before it Stopped it self. But when I Started the car with the Jumper, in about 5 mins it stopped it self.