• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Price For A Notebook Ram Module In Sl

i hope u dont mind me adding to this thread... today i took my dads PC to see what was wrong with it cos it kept getting stuck when running... and i was told that the memory dump was hapening cos the RAM was messed up.

i was told it'd be about 6000 bucks..... not sure if its that expensive...

so how much would a 256 SD RAM really cost?

i hope u dont mind me adding to this thread... today i took my dads PC to see what was wrong with it cos it kept getting stuck when running... and i was told that the memory dump was hapening cos the RAM was messed up.

i was told it'd be about 6000 bucks..... not sure if its that expensive...

so how much would a 256 SD RAM really cost?

who the f quoted 6k for 256 SDRAM? dude i got 512DDR2 which is MUCH faster at 7k...check the papers cos ppl occasionally sell SDRAM cards for pretty cheap...

ruwds...i hav no answer to ur question dude

who the f quoted 6k for 256 SDRAM? dude i got 512DDR2 which is MUCH faster at 7k...check the papers cos ppl occasionally sell SDRAM cards for pretty cheap...

thanks shark!

my dad's machine is a 800MHz AMD which he uses for word-processing..... so maybe 128 will be more than enough.. but still cost.. is it worth it?

thanks shark!

my dad's machine is a 800MHz AMD which he uses for word-processing..... so maybe 128 will be more than enough.. but still cost.. is it worth it?

no way shud u pay more than 3k for 256 SDRAM dude...it maybe cheaper now...

it is possible that SD is more expensive than DDR coz it's not freely available.

anyways, if you want, one guy i know has SDRAM 256 for 4500. no warranty

other option is to try the used computer places. you might get it cheaper from there..

it is possible that SD is more expensive than DDR coz it's not freely available.

other option is to try the used computer places. you might get it cheaper from there..

this is what i was told too... like shark said.. going home and looking up in the papers.

yes exactly. SD ram is more expensive than DDR for desktop computers in SL. not sure abt Notebooks though.

yeah.... it is... and sorry i jacked this thread onto SD RAm from notebook ram :D

Notebook Ram's to SD ram's .....He He He :mellow:

Notebook Ram's to SD ram's .....He He He :)

well ppl yah...i started this about notebook ram. Dilesh its ok u used this thread...no worries.

seems that no gud answer for my query... :)

hey fuzzo do u have any idea about the prices? anywayz its ok...

no machan i don't knwo the prices... best thing is to call memory technologies and buy it from them. they give lifetime warranty

Thanks fuzzo...

My dad checked from Neat and they have told that a 512MB should be made up of two modules and each is SLR 7500/=.

Well I think there is no need to hav 2 * 256MB when one 512MB can be fixed. Already i am using a 256MB and one more slot is available and the max my laptop can go is 1GB.

I checked the prices here in UK and can get a 512MB RAM for 30 pounds which is like SLR 6000/=. I think I will go for the one here.

Thanks anywayz...

if u go to a vendor in unity plaza they will charge an arm and a leg for SDRAM...but there are a lot of people who sell them cheap to get rid of stock...

Machan Ruwds, (I am calling you machan thinking you are a guy if not appologies :huh: )

Can I suggest a small thing, now this might be something very small, but unless you are 100% sure about what you are doing get your Ram installed professionally especially in a laptop.

Because in a desktop if the Ram card doesnt sit properly in the slot and there is a short circuit and the motherboard goes bust for a bit of money you can replace the motherboard, but in a laptop that is a very expensive matter.

Also machan if you are buying Ram in the UK only buy recognized brands like Kingston, Micron, Crucial, etc etc, do not buy unbranded dodgy ram, can seriously cock your laptop up, especially if you using it as an upgrade in conjunction with already installed memory.

all of these arent that big problems with dekstops but with notebooks they are, take extreme care and caution, wish you luck :).

Wonder where i am coming from ? well i know a good friend of mine tried to do a "ram upgrade" and managed to damage his mobo in the process and that was the end of a 120K laptop ........

Regards,

The Don

Machan Ruwds, (I am calling you machan thinking you are a guy if not appologies :P )

Can I suggest a small thing, now this might be something very small, but unless you are 100% sure about what you are doing get your Ram installed professionally especially in a laptop.

Because in a desktop if the Ram card doesnt sit properly in the slot and there is a short circuit and the motherboard goes bust for a bit of money you can replace the motherboard, but in a laptop that is a very expensive matter.

Also machan if you are buying Ram in the UK only buy recognized brands like Kingston, Micron, Crucial, etc etc, do not buy unbranded dodgy ram, can seriously cock your laptop up, especially if you using it as an upgrade in conjunction with already installed memory.

all of these arent that big problems with dekstops but with notebooks they are, take extreme care and caution, wish you luck :P.

Wonder where i am coming from ? well i know a good friend of mine tried to do a "ram upgrade" and managed to damage his mobo in the process and that was the end of a 120K laptop ........

Regards,

The Don

Hey Don,

Its ok calling me machan...i am a guy...no worries...

Thanks a lot for the info...

Yes i am tryin to upgrade the present memory which is a 256MB by adding another 512MB module. True gotto take extreme care when dealing with a laptop cos its way too expensive than a desktop. I am used to assembling desktop's and this is my 1st laptop. I got the manual from the internet and also got the Ram type from the compaq website. So that is why I thought of doing the upgrade myself.

The RAM i found for 30 pounds is not really branded and also my dad found from PC house that a Kingston Ram for the same specs is 11000/= SLR. So I did a search on the kingston site and found the correct RAM for my laptop. It comes upto nearly 42 pounds with delivery and VAT. As its about 8000+ SLR, I placed the order now and i would be getting it this Friday. Actually after placing the order only i read the thread...I too felt that it wud be better to go for a brand like Kingston though its a bit expensive.

Hope that there woudnt be any probs when i get it...hehe...

Thanks again for the info...

cheers.

cya, Ruwds

Hey Don,

Its ok calling me machan...i am a guy...no worries...

Thanks a lot for the info...

Yes i am tryin to upgrade the present memory which is a 256MB by adding another 512MB module. True gotto take extreme care when dealing with a laptop cos its way too expensive than a desktop. I am used to assembling desktop's and this is my 1st laptop. I got the manual from the internet and also got the Ram type from the compaq website. So that is why I thought of doing the upgrade myself.

The RAM i found for 30 pounds is not really branded and also my dad found from PC house that a Kingston Ram for the same specs is 11000/= SLR. So I did a search on the kingston site and found the correct RAM for my laptop. It comes upto nearly 42 pounds with delivery and VAT. As its about 8000+ SLR, I placed the order now and i would be getting it this Friday. Actually after placing the order only i read the thread...I too felt that it wud be better to go for a brand like Kingston though its a bit expensive.

Hope that there woudnt be any probs when i get it...hehe...

Thanks again for the info...

cheers.

cya, Ruwds

Good for you Ruwds, I hope things go well as well, I have changed a few Laptop rams myself in my time and I think the process is relatively easy, as long as you know what you are doing.

The Don