• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Some Advice Sunny/ Lancer

autoking

I'm planning to buy a car with the budget limit around 1.2 MIL.

I have two selected options.

1. Nissan Sunny FB14 (300 - 3001 numbers, 1.5L engine, Manual)

2. Mitsubishi Lancer CK1/CK2 (300 - 3001 numbers, 1.5L engine, Manual)

Please provide me your experience. I want the vehicle to be economical(fuel), good power, good second hand market, low maintenance cost.

I'm planning to buy a car with the budget limit around 1.2 MIL.

I have two selected options.

1. Nissan Sunny FB14 (300 - 3001 numbers, 1.5L engine, Manual)

2. Mitsubishi Lancer CK1/CK2 (300 - 3001 numbers, 1.5L engine, Manual)

Please provide me your experience. I want the vehicle to be economical(fuel), good power, good second hand market, low maintenance cost.

I don't know much about the Lancer but i can give you some details on the sunny since i used one for 3 years.

My one was a 301 series FB14 Super Saloon Auto.

It does fairly well on fuel. My one did around 8-9 Kmpl in urban areas and i have heard that manual model does 10-11Kmpl in urban traffic.

The power in the engine is fairly good too but it will not give the acceleration or the driving pleasure of a Mazda Familia or a Honda Civic/City which falls in to the same league of mid sized sedans.

Maintenance cost would be fairly low in terms of spare parts cost as there are plenty of re-conditioned parts as well as third party manufactured parts in the market. But, please note that there are some known issues associated with this model. This car has very low ground clearance and therefore it's prone to under-carriage damage. Before buying, please have a good look under the car to check whether you can find any oil leaks or major scratch marks.

Another con is that the suspension system which is known for quick damage. I had to replace the CV joints, Hubs several times and by the time i was selling it, it had some major issues with the shocks as well.

The resale value is a definite plus point of this model. Since this is known as the best sunny model, market perception on this is pretty high. When i sold my one last year, i managed to add 70k to my purchase price even-though it was in rather crappy state. :)

• 1 month later...

Lancer is a good car but like LashNeo said in SL market Sunny is given a premium value, hence higher second hand value. On the other hand if you get a good deal on a Lancer which is in good state, its good to go for it. Which in the latter case 'you buy for less and sell for less'.