• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How To Change Frequency Range Of Car Radio?

Ajith Chanaka

Question

21 answers to this question

Hi Ajith

There are some Japanese setups that you don't have that channel ratio, if yours 76-90MHz

there is no way that you can go for 90-108 ration unless that particular channel have low frequency ration like 76.5 as Charith said. :)

thanks

regards

sumith

i thought charitha was talking about a gadget something like the mp3 fm modulator. never heard of those but i guess it would be messy cuz it might have its own antenna since it will be basically another radio + transmitter.

No, it's not a plug and play gadget. In a layman's term, the circuit is redone and a specific station is tuned to a specific preset number. Eg: if your Car radio can have 6 channels saved, you can have six different stations of your choice newly programmed.

You'll not be able to search and tune to any other channel.

As far as I know, if you want the full band (88-108) used in SL, you'll need to have a new unit installed. :(

Hi,

this can be done by a simple unit, that can be buy from any electronics shop for around 400/=. it is a small 2"x1"x4" device run with 12V power supply. The antena cable should be directly connected to the this device, & the device have alternate antena cable should be plug to the radio. using this device connected to your old radio, U will be able to receive local FM cnannels. but the radio displays the frequency as FM76-FM90, but receive FM87 to FM108

Hi,

this can be done by a simple unit, that can be buy from any electronics shop for around 400/=. it is a small 2"x1"x4" device run with 12V power supply. The antena cable should be directly connected to the this device, & the device have alternate antena cable should be plug to the radio. using this device connected to your old radio, U will be able to receive local FM cnannels. but the radio displays the frequency as FM76-FM90, but receive FM87 to FM108

Oh good news!!!

My car is FB15 ex saloon. I couldn't find an external antenna in my car. Still can I use this small gadget for my original car radio?

Hi,

One of friends fixed a similar unit to his car (FB15) long time back. Bit of a mess, since the stations are so closely spaced, displaying frequencies are false, and also the signals are very poor for some stations. Got rid of the unit and fixed a full range setup.

Oh good news!!!

My car is FB15 ex saloon. I couldn't find an external antenna in my car. Still can I use this small gadget for my original car radio?

sorry for misled U. external or internal, U coud be find the antenna jack which is connected to the radio set. then unplug it and plug it into the new device, then the plug the device's antena jack into the radio set. that all.

One of friends fixed a similar unit to his car (FB15) long time back. Bit of a mess, since the stations are so closely spaced, displaying frequencies are false, and also the signals are very poor for some stations. Got rid of the unit and fixed a full range setup.

yes it is a common issue of that device. the device did not do any modification to the radio-set, hence the displaying frequency is still unchanged. only convert the local FM frequency to, a frequnecy can be received by the radio-set.

eg: if local FM frequncy is FM108, it will convert it to FM88 that the radio can capture it.

the distrotion and the poor signal is also depend on the radio set as well as the device.

Hope adding external gadget will not solve the problem. According to replies from friends it is better to go for a new player. Anyone could know good car setup which includes radio (88-108MHz), MP3 CD and USB pen drive support? Any brand? And Price?

Edited by Ajith Chanaka

Hope adding external gadget will not solve the problem. According to replies from friends it is better to go for a new player. Anyone could know good car setup which includes radio (88-108MHz), MP3 CD and USB pen drive support? Any brand? And Price?

Ajith Chanaka,

You can get a car Radio with FM 88 to 108 MHz for Rs. 4000.00 from any car Audio Set Dealer try Pt Lank.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

pioneer DEH-2250UBG (single din)

You may buy first quality set around 12500/= from pettah.

The same will be 15000/= to 17000/= with one year warranty and installation free from "A*v*nce C*r A*dio" or "P*tco L*nka"

I have bought this two weeks back from pettah and installed myself.

The same will be 15000/= to 17000/= with one year warranty and installation free from "A*v*nce C*r A*dio" or "P*tco L*nka"

This has the USB/MP3 option right?

Dear Anjulau,

Could you kinly say me where is the location in pettah area? Have this set FM radio? My original car setup has a clock that is working even the main switch off. Does this pioneer DEH-2250UBG set have built in clock?

Dear Anjulau,

Could you kinly say me where is the location in pettah area? Have this set FM radio? My original car setup has a clock that is working even the main switch off. Does this pioneer DEH-2250UBG set have built in clock?

I got it from "MODSpot (Pvt) Limited" located at Kyzer street near by Commercial Bank Branch. I managed to purchase it fro 12500/= and they gave me One year warrnty that I did not rely on it. :D

You May surf around the shops at 2nd cross street, but beware of 2nd quality setups. ( same Brands but low prices )

Some shops selling first quality setups with out packing for less than another 500/= than the original price( ony have the origial cardboard box , but no regiform packing inside)

yes this setup has its own clock. it display the Time when your switch is on ( All the banded car set up has this feature )