• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Radiator Leak!!

Ajith Chanaka

Question

7 answers to this question

Dears,

My car engine coolant is always reducing when I drive little. Seems it has a leakage. Anyone know good radiator technicians around colombo area?

Hi Ajith

This topic has been discussed here, even recently try a search dude :)

thanks

regards

sumith

Dears,

My car engine coolant is always reducing when I drive little. Seems it has a leakage. Anyone know good radiator technicians around colombo area?

Where is the reduction? In the radiator or in the reserve bottle? The levels in the reserve bottle change all the time, nothing to worry.

It is in reserve bottle. When it is filled with water. Again the level will be drop if I drive the vehicle.

Hi Ajith

if you don't have any overheating issue there might be a leak in the cooling system.Before you go for mechanic,just see whether you can see any visible leak, specially on the reserver tank,hoses ans hose clamps and the radiator etc.there should be something :)

if not seen ,check your engine oil for mixed coolant which might have caused due to bad gasket.

thanks

regards

sumith

Edited by Sumiya

It is in reserve bottle. When it is filled with water. Again the level will be drop if I drive the vehicle.

When your engine is stopped while hot, the coolant may be sucked in to the engine, after which reserve coolant will be sucked out of the bottle. Like I said before, the level in the reserve bottle will keep changing - don't just keep filling it as you may be over filling the system which could cause the bottle to explode as the liquid in it expands when very hot (it happened to me once before I knew much about the subject). However, if the level is always below the "min" mark and you're not seeing spilled coolant, you may be having some sort of internal leak that could be tricky. For peace of mind, get it checked out.