• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Boiling

4DR5

Hi Experts,

I'm having a 4DR5 J20 LONG wheel jeep. There was a leak in the radiator and i fixed it by a radioator workshop. But still there is a lit bit of a leak from one of the hose even though the hose clop is extremly tight.

My heater meter does not work in the jeep.

How do i know if my jeep is boiling?

Thanks

4DR5

if the clip os "extremely" tight maybe it has cut in to the hose damaging it and causing a leak.

cooling system works properly when it's fully sealed with no leaks. The increased pressure in the system is what keeps the whole thing going right so whether you engine is boiling or not...it's best that you get the leak fixed.

I can tell you form experience...get that heat gauge fixed cos if you run the motor too hot too often...you'd be spending a lot more money and helluva more hours in the garage when things go bad. And they go bad very fast!

You'll know it's "boiling" when the radiator cap is blowing hot steam and the "boiling" itself becomes quite audible near the radiator area.

This happed to me too and I eventually busted the gaskets. spent quite a lot of money on repairs in what would've been a simple affair had I attended to it immediately.

....and don't pour cold water when it boils because it will contract and damage the engine block....if that happens you are screwed!

get that radiator and heat gauge fixed up.

Edited by scds