• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hefraz...carina Gt

fuzzo

hey man, is this your car on your sig. must say it does look pretty nice. what size are those rims?

carina.jpg

looks very nice........

One of the nicest Carina GTs I've seen....nice rims...congrats to the owner..nice cra indeed!

One of the nicest Carina GTs I've seen....nice rims...congrats to the owner..nice cra indeed!

I'm not that much of a carina fan... but this really looks good.... nice ride... love those rims...

Hey guys THANKS for the nice comments, I'm shedding happy tears!!

I bought it from the dealer with 17" alloys and goodyear low pro tires (I cannot remember the alloy as it was from Japan and I was not car crazy and into brands at the time I bought the car)

As you might observe from my past postings - I am still on a learning curve! :D

Well one of the main things you guys complemented is no more...

Since then I have traded in the 17" alloys for the standard 15" alloys as there was no place to which I could travel without damaging the underside of the car. The front lip and the side skirts were continously scraped by humps and potholes.

My car is auto (I managed to source a 6 forward gearbox from Japan but I am having second thoughts on whether to import and fix or not, what do you think guys? )

By the way Pilawoos, dont think Auto cars are slow cos some of the worlds fastest machines are autos cos the drivers cannot take thier hands of the steering when driving :D )

Since then I have traded in the 17" alloys for the standard 15" alloys as there was no place to which I could travel without damaging the underside of the car. The front lip and the side skirts were continously scraped by humps and potholes.

my next quiestion was going to be how is the ride and how do you get around in those. so now that's answered.

hey hefraz nice car dude,, i disagree abt the auto thing .... auto might have a gud top end ....... or wateva ,,but still in a Long run drag it want be close to a manual .. even in normal drags ..auto is very low .....

I THINK PEOPLE WHO THINK AUTO IS GUD FOR RACING ARENT TRUE DRIVERS WHO WANT TO CHALLENGE ....They just taking the true value of the rides ... well gud for u tht ur a normal car enthusiaist or else if its racing u are down lo.

I don't think Hefraz was necessarily saying that HIS auto car is faster/as fast as a stick shift..just that you shouldn't look down on them in general. For example, I believe the new porsche 911, cayman, C4S, etc have faster 0-60 times on the automatics than the manuals. I completely agree that a manual transmission is A LOT more fun to drive..but in some of the newer cars the automatic transmissions are sophisticated enough to shift gears faster than any human could..and that helps when you have a ridiculously powerful engine. In a Carina GT..probably not.

Great looking car overall, man. Would've been even better if it was a manual. And about your transmission replacement..I wouldn't do it if I were you. Requires too much effort, and would probably cost a lot to have it done properly in Sri Lanka. I'm sure its a fun car, I'd just hang on to it for now and learn a lesson for the future!

Well one of the main things you guys complemented is no more...

My car is auto (I managed to source a 6 forward gearbox from Japan but I am having second thoughts on whether to import and fix or not, what do you think guys? )

By the way Pilawoos, dont think Auto cars are slow cos some of the worlds fastest machines are autos cos the drivers cannot take thier hands of the steering when driving :lol: )

Yep I think your refering to top fuel dragsters right? :blink: No no auto's are cool I learned to drive on one.. Anyway auto's dont lend them self's to good speed.. Exotics will be a different story for sure. Dude I've been in a GT like yours with a 6 box-we hit 165-170 on Dutugamunu with 4 people in the car :lol:

Your looking at significant power up with the GB conversion.. and since your getting it down from Japan(brandnew?) It may be worth it- how much does it cost anyhow? but you'll need a real pro to do the swap!

Really like your ride though.... seeee-xy!

could i know the max rpm b4 gear change under full throttle? and whats the rev limit?

I believe its 5000 rpm to shift to the next gear..

I don't think Hefraz was necessarily saying that HIS auto car is faster/as fast as a stick shift..just that you shouldn't look down on them in general.

And about your transmission replacement..I wouldn't do it if I were you. Requires too much effort, and would probably cost a lot to have it done properly in Sri Lanka. I'm sure its a fun car, I'd just hang on to it for now and learn a lesson for the future!

Thanks for clarifying Ucscsades, I am not saying nor challenging anyone here by saying my car is fast (I'm not saying that my car is slow either :blink: ) all i'm saying is that even though manual reigns supreme there are many new technological breakthroughs that make an automatic a good contender.

If a torque convertor is plugged in and the gear shifts properly done it could give a good fight(I repeat good fight not better) to manuals..

Yeah and I agree with you on not going in for a manual conversion cos it costs 100,000 maybe more and its from a halfcut Carina AT210 but many things can go wrong, and I dont think I will be able to recover that money at the point of resale.

1 word "CLEAN" ride....

Coming from you Dillon its a great complement cos you have some "CLEAN" rides yourself. :lol::lol:

Yep I think your refering to top fuel dragsters right? :D No no auto's are cool I learned to drive on one.. Anyway auto's dont lend them self's to good speed.. Exotics will be a different story for sure. Dude I've been in a GT like yours with a 6 box-we hit 165-170 on Dutugamunu with 4 people in the car :P

Your looking at significant power up with the GB conversion.. and since your getting it down from Japan(brandnew?) It may be worth it- how much does it cost anyhow? but you'll need a real pro to do the swap!

Really like your ride though.... seeee-xy!

yeh carina is quite stable at higher speeds. once we did 160kmph in a turbo diesel Ti Auto with 4 ppl onboard. thats not on a fully carpet road either.. some road near mihinthaley.