• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Auto Lock / Security System Problem

IgnativsFred

Question

Hi Guy,

Could some one help me out please?

My friend has a Mazda 3, and of recent he’s been having an issue with the central locking component. Issue been that it locks and unlocks automatically with out the user activating any commands.

He’s given it to C.Mart - well load of help that was as they are baffled more than what my friend was- starting off they didn’t know where there electric switch board/computer component was located which ended up by removing almost all the upholstery and panels…

Has any one else come across this issue ? Mind you this issue started with the time the raining started to pour down like a water fall

Any 1 out there who can recommend a guy who can get this issue fixed

Cheers

4 answers to this question

Hi Guy,

Could some one help me out please?

My friend has a Mazda 3, and of recent he’s been having an issue with the central locking component. Issue been that it locks and unlocks automatically with out the user activating any commands.

He’s given it to C.Mart - well load of help that was as they are baffled more than what my friend was- starting off they didn’t know where there electric switch board/computer component was located which ended up by removing almost all the upholstery and panels…

Has any one else come across this issue ? Mind you this issue started with the time the raining started to pour down like a water fall

Any 1 out there who can recommend a guy who can get this issue fixed

Cheers

hi IgnativsFred

i don't know about mazda 3 but my carina had same problem as your friend it locks and unlocks automatically after i accidentally drop remote to a water after replace it with new unit it's fine no problem so far hope this helps

I'm not sure about the fault with the system, But I'll explain how it should behave & you may (or may not)guess what has gone wrong.

1. When you lock the car wit security and then you unlock the car using remote, u failed to open a door for a while, then the car is aotomatically locked. (it thinks you have opend in accidentelly).

2 when you have startd moving and then you press the brakes, doors get locked.

3. When you stop the engine,it will unlock all the doors. (but if you have opened a door manully before switch off the engine, ths will not be happened.)

4. If the fuse of your brakes has burnt due to some other reason, or has some loose connecion then the above 2-3 may not functon poperly.

5. If your remote has some bad contct points for the buttons, then it may trigger sials without your knowledge.

you can do a bit of self diagnostics here..

to rule out the remote. take the batterys off the remote and see if the car behaves the same if thats the case its not the remote..

if it still happens u know very well that is the control unit thats makeing the issue.. assuming u have the fatory fitterd system many aftermarket guys may struggle to locate the box.. i can recommend a guy who does original system trouble shooting.. just send me a PM.

if water has got into the control box it might be triggering the automatic lock/unlock signals.

I had a similar problem in my earlier FB13. It unlocked automatically while driving - it has speed sensed auto lock - and lock back immediately. I figured it out that the sensor in the main door was rusted, so was not making good contact. Probably the central locking system sees it as if the main door was unlocked manually, so was commanding the other door to unlock. I suggest that you check the lock sensor in your driver side front door.