• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Using A K&n Air Filter

protege323

Hi I'm using a mazda familia bj5p,am planing to change my air filter in to a k&n filter(free flow corn)if am not mistaken.i heard that this filter gives a good fuel economy and power as well. but my mechanic said that this filter is not suitable for mazda familia because of the air flow sensor.(i have no idea about this) guys could u please tell me what are the advantages n disadvantages of this. thanx

Hi I'm using a mazda familia bj5p,am planing to change my air filter in to a k&n filter(free flow corn)if am not mistaken.i heard that this filter gives a good fuel economy and power as well. but my mechanic said that this filter is not suitable for mazda familia because of the air flow sensor.(i have no idea about this) guys could u please tell me what are the advantages n disadvantages of this. thanx

I would not recommend a cone filter... If at all go for the stock box K&N filter. I had a K&N on mine for awhile, and switched to the stock filter, after I noticed a fine layer of sand on the valves during an inspection.

Note that the cotton fabric on the K&N allows it to suck in fine dust.

Same issue I had on my P11... started smoking a bit (white smoke) after about 8 months.

Box type is ideal,it makes a nice difference at low rpms.(But that doesn't mean it doesn't allow any dust in at all, its just less than the cone)

Not many people use the Cone K&N as Buggati said, for the dust intake issues.

a person I know who has an old 5 series beemer stopped using it as well. Reason being the same.