• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8Td Intercooler

Randheera

Hello Dear Friends at Auto Lanka,

Am quite new to this forum so first of all I'd like to say hello. :D

I am thinking of purchasing a Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD Intercooler 4x4.

These days am keeping an eye on a 1993 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8 Turbo Diesel Intercooler.

I have done a fair amount of research over the web about the Pajero.

It is pulled by the same engine as the Mitsubishi Delica (also known as L400 in lanka), the 4M40T engine.

The engine of the Pajero is the 4M40T engine.

Displacement: 2800cc

Turbo Intercooler

I was wondering if you could please tell me the problems experienced by pajero intercooler users, the maintenance techniques, reliability of the engine, and other useful advice about the vehicle.

As fair as I know, I have seen that this engine is quite commonly prone for overheating problems... hopefully this wont hold me back from buying one. But I would just like to clarify thanks friends.

Thank you very much :)

Kind Regards ;)

Randheera

Suba Dhavasak

Jaya Wewa :D

Edited by Randheera

We had a red one from 1995 till 2005.. brought it brand new.. its got so many faults with it and extremely unreliable as well. but man it looks good and a its a awesome off roader with probably best in class grownd clearance.

I still feel like wanting to buy one, we sold it for 3.7mil only doing 80k on the clock... should newer have sold it..

We had a red one from 1995 till 2005.. brought it brand new.. its got so many faults with it and extremely unreliable as well. but man it looks good and a its a awesome off roader with probably best in class grownd clearance.

I still feel like wanting to buy one, we sold it for 3.7mil only doing 80k on the clock... should newer have sold it..

thank you for the quick reply! :)

What sort of faults were you experiencing at the time? :(

and I agree on the look... it is superb no! ;)

Bohoma isthuthi

Suba dhavasak

KiT ;)

I dont know if I can agree of your claim of a Pajero being so faulty and extremely unreliable. Almost anything can be unreliable if it is not given proper care, which seems to be in your case.

1995 Pajero with 230,000 on the clock no issues what so ever other than one of the rear windows not working. It had not let us down.

A common issue with these models is sunroof corrosion. Most people dont ever open their sunroofs atleast once in a while and eventually debry settling on the drain pipes, corrosion sets in. These drain pipes need to be clean and clear. Can eventually lead to leaks, and might need a reconditioned one which is abit costly in extreme cases.

Also since your on the look these days, dont be dumm enough to put your foot down on the peddle and be surprised of the black smoke. Diesels tend to that and its worse with these said models. It is NOT a sign of undercompression.

A 1993 being almost 17 years old now, im sure its over 250,000 on the clock and an overhaul might be on the corner depending on the state. Look for possible corrosion on the roof and rear door near the spare wheel. Some also tend to have issues with the diesel pump. Also look for uneven patterns on the tires, could be a sign of a packing up suspension system.

What is the market price like for a 1993 these days?

I dont know if I can agree of your claim of a Pajero being so faulty and extremely unreliable. Almost anything can be unreliable if it is not given proper care, which seems to be in your case.

1995 Pajero with 230,000 on the clock no issues what so ever other than one of the rear windows not working. It had not let us down.

A common issue with these models is sunroof corrosion. Most people dont ever open their sunroofs atleast once in a while and eventually debry settling on the drain pipes, corrosion sets in. These drain pipes need to be clean and clear. Can eventually lead to leaks, and might need a reconditioned one which is abit costly in extreme cases.

Also since your on the look these days, dont be dumm enough to put your foot down on the peddle and be surprised of the black smoke. Diesels tend to that and its worse with these said models. It is NOT a sign of undercompression.

A 1993 being almost 17 years old now, im sure its over 250,000 on the clock and an overhaul might be on the corner depending on the state. Look for possible corrosion on the roof and rear door near the spare wheel. Some also tend to have issues with the diesel pump. Also look for uneven patterns on the tires, could be a sign of a packing up suspension system.

What is the market price like for a 1993 these days?

Yes the one am keeping an eye on is a 1993 model... it has only done 155,000 kms which is why I am quite interested. The owner has had it for 15 years. :)

What do you say? :D

Thank you for the help aiye

Suba dhavasak

KiT ;)