• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

:: Need Help With Projectors ::

dragster

Question

I got a set of Projectors for my B'day, actualy I got them beofre my B'day for my B'day... ok ok nevermind that.. anyways I got them fixed and all but the left front projector I noticed that it's getting sort of white.. like the outer cover is getting white... like too much of heat or something like that.... anyway to solve this problem ? I'll really appriciate if someone can help me out on this...

Dear Dragster / Sharkz,

I got the same problem too. The right side projector lamp i got in February, gets white. Specialy when I go in a night drive or come after rain, wash car. I still couldnt check this with the mechanic who fixed this...But i am pretty sure that this is a case where the water sealent around the light is damaged...

Hola

@Shak one small request please can u pls change ur avatar.. everytime i see it i start laughing.. hehe its kinda funny image :D

Laughing is good for u. Strenghtens the lungs and clears the blood. And since u already don't eat ur veggies, u need all the help u can get... :P

And the proper place for that request is the post whores.

Edited by Pericles

@Prev OT.. machan its not me who doesnt eat my veggies.. its someone else.. anyways.. yea laughing is good.. :P but im already a person who laughs out loud for no reason.. so everytime i see this just imagine :D

hola yours does sound like a water seal issue. that white/fogginess will go away when it's un use. once its completely dry, use some sort of sealent and it should take care of it.

dragster, does yours happen when it's wet too?

I got a set of Projectors for my B'day, actualy I got them beofre my B'day for my B'day... ok ok nevermind that.. anyways I got them fixed and all but the left front projector I noticed that it's getting sort of white.. like the outer cover is getting white... like too much of heat or something like that.... anyway to solve this problem ? I'll really appriciate if someone can help me out on this...

:D hey draggy take light off there r some holes in it coverd by rubber take them off use a vacum line (like a stuff sue for paint cpompressors).then put silicon gum (siliken fuzzo say) on to the edges of the light from inside keep it 2 dry n fix..

hola yours does sound like a water seal issue. that white/fogginess will go away when it's un use. once its completely dry, use some sort of sealent and it should take care of it.

dragster, does yours happen when it's wet too?

machang... I dont think my one's have a leak like that cause it's white always... it's like sort of a burnt off white... help on this pls ?

hey dragster try removing it ..and try to clean it up if the white ness int going tht means ur plastic is loosing strength ....

if there is a short ... ur fuse will go .... but i think theres a problem in the wire it could be damaged ... or the resistors within the circuit might have few errors .. first take the light try to clean it then take ur car to an elctrition

machan .. according to my knowledge only guy i know who can fix these kind of problems is karagampitiya nishantha...take it to him… I think he can help you out…

hey..

peri madmax and i saw your pights machan.... nice.. and the white in the light is mosture... like fuzzo said get the exisiting moisture out and use silicon around the edge where the plastic f the cover and the light itself fit together... and might as well do the other light while you're at it... wouldnt hurt, and would make it easier in the long run.

machan .. according to my knowledge only guy i know who can fix these kind of problems is karagampitiya nishantha...take it to him… I think he can help you out…

machang... where's this place ?

pls mail me to my mailing address below the location... thanks in advance

@ others

are you guys sure that it's for a loose connection that it's burning off ?

machang... where's this place ?

pls mail me to my mailing address below the location... thanks in advance

@ others

are you guys sure that it's for a loose connection that it's burning off ?

Hi Dragz,

Did you get the address? Mine is now critical. The left side light is almost misty and filled with large bits of water even in slight rain. And these days its worse. I am now worried if the lights will burn off.

Can you help? The guy who fixed it does not know head or tail about it.

Hola

Hi Dragz,

Did you get the address? Mine is now critical. The left side light is almost misty and filled with large bits of water even in slight rain. And these days its worse. I am now worried if the lights will burn off.

Can you help? The guy who fixed it does not know head or tail about it.

Hola

U can do it Ur self Hola... Just remove the lights, and take out the bulbs and let all the water and moisture dry... Can use a powerful air pump for this. Once all the moisture is removed close the caps and seal with a Silicon sealant (or use the sealant that they use in windscreen places)

Option 2: Go for a set of projector lights. I know somebody who does that.... :angry:

uh read back, u missed a point..

Not 1 I think I missed lot of them. :angry:

Sorry I didn't read the earlier posts. Enough info how to do it and Hola already got projectors.

Still you can go for a new set... which is guaranteed leak proof... :P

Not 1 I think I missed lot of them. :angry:

Sorry I didn't read the earlier posts. Enough info how to do it and Hola already got projectors.

Still you can go for a new set... which is guaranteed leak proof... :P

Thanks, but im not that a mechanic guy to do it myself, I dont have the right tools i guess. Machang by using this sealent will it burn the plastic? The light looks awful now. I am now regreting it

Yes, leak proof should be a gurantee for anyone who is intrested in projector lamps. :P

Thanks, but im not that a mechanic guy to do it myself, I dont have the right tools i guess. Machang by using this sealent will it burn the plastic? The light looks awful now. I am now regreting it

Yes, leak proof should be a gurantee for anyone who is intrested in projector lamps. :angry:

Don't worry.... you don't have to be a mechanic to do all that. Few simple tools would do that. Silicon sealant or the Windscreen won’t harm the plastics. If you are going for the Silicon use the black one. It's better than the clear silicon. Silicon can be removed at any time without any hassle, but the windscreen sealant is messy but results guaranteed.