• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

18th Thursday Pvt Drags

RaptorRS

Hello every body at autolanka forum. 18th Thursday there is some privet drag happen at green path. It was a good day because there were no cop troubles at all. Some of the heavily modified Hondas were had some fun without hassle. Ravi, Glen, Gazali, Razali, Shamil, kalim, Imran, Andrew, Arshad, Vikum and also Thivanka were there too. First drag was Ravi (Honda Vtec Standard ecu) Vs Kalim (Cultus) – Ravi won (by 2.5 cars). Second drag was Ravi (Honda Vtec Standard ecu) Vs Gazali (Honda Vi) – Ravi won (by 3 cars). They ran twice same results. Third drag was Ravi (Honda Vtec Chipped ecu) Vs Glen (Honda Vi) – Ravi won (by 1.5 cars). They ran twice same results. Then Kalim drags with Ravi and Ravi won again. Ravi’s car is was so fast and to my knowledge it is the fastest SOCH Vtec in the island sadly Shamil didn’t drag with Ravi because he is have some problem with his exhaust.

There is a plot going on that Ravi is running a ZC1600cc 4WD engine. His engine is a ZC engine has the same specification as the B15b. But ZC engines have a good torque and a long stroke. It’s good for low rpms, but after 7800 rpms car suffers. Also Ravi is running an imported chip in his Honda. After the drags I saw its last owner Vikum is so amazed to see the car going so fast like that. I think Ravi is doing 155 or 160 kph on Greenpath. He is not done major modifications to his car, but its dame fast.

Wikum gave me a Ride on his new Starlet GT (the car is having some stage 1 mods like intake and exhausts mods). Man that car is dame fast, it clutch was gone also having some engine problems too, but those problem can’t stop the car from going. At 2500 rpms to 3000 rpms it lags, but after 3000 rpms the turbo is coming to action and car wakeups. For me it’s a totally different experience. I wonder what happens if those problems are solved. Starlet GT is a faster car than a Honda Vtec. It can also manage to beat those modified Hondas too. And the best part of that car I like the most is the blow off. It’s a joy for the ears. Also it suffers a break problem too.

yes but starlet is light weight isn't, one of my friend owns starlet turbo EP71 it has the same power like da starlet GT. but one day Honda VI-RS beat him, we gave up the race 'cause we were already speed up to 140 K/h on base line.

ZC1600cc 4WD engine. His engine is a ZC engine has the same specification as the B15b

The ZC engine is a DOHC non vtec engine. So i don't think ravi's running that engine he maybe running a D16 series engine maybe. And the B15 ?????? last i heard these engines were in the singapore honda city's. Who ever is giving ur info does not know shit abt honda's and yes starlets are faster than Sohc VTECs cos the weight to power ratio is much more in the starlets. Top speed readings don't give any meaning cos my dual carb EG8 even does 160kmph. Well good to know the weekday drags are happening again.

The ZC engine is a DOHC non vtec engine. So i don't think ravi's running that engine he maybe running a D16 series engine maybe. And the B15 ?????? last i heard these engines were in the singapore honda city's. Who ever is giving ur info does not know shit abt honda's and yes starlets are faster than Sohc VTECs cos the weight to power ratio is much more in the starlets. Top speed readings don't give any meaning cos my dual carb EG8 even does 160kmph. Well good to know the weekday drags are happening again.

I'm think it's a D16Y series engine.. KLM confirmed this in another thread..140ps.. I think the the B15 was a typo error. Also the 'off a 4WD car' is bull- Most of the RTi came with the ZC DOHC non vtec and is not worth the swap.

Around a track a SOHCer should be quicker.. The GT starlet is all straight line.. in terms of handling its a death trap :jumping-smiley-013:

It's always only the honda boys who seem to be dragging! Apart from the odd Scooby's..

Hey RaptorRS, I think I know who you are. Nice to see you on Autolanka, buddy.

I totally agree with you on the dump valves. It may be borderline rice but it is so f**king cool that it makes it ok.

Ravi is not running an imported chip, man. He is using a Tuned i-Chips ECU in the car with a custom map and I hear he also has done some other mods.

Yes, Ravi's car is not bad at all, but he has some way to go before he can be called the fastest SOHC. He still has to run Razali and then maybe run Shamil although he already did, twice last week, losing by two cars each time.

Its hard to say which is the fastest SOHC in the Island because there are a couple of proper race-spec SOHCs (an EG and an EK) that haven't dragged Shamil recently.

My money is on The Banshee though..............

Hi again dudes. There were no pictures were taken because it was happen without knowing. Sorry dudes…..

Man Vi-RS beating a Starlet GT??? Hard to imagine man. Wikum’s Starlet GT is an EP-82

The engine that Ravi is running is a ZC 1600 engine man. Civic RTi is having that engine man. It is a SOCH Vtec.

Ravi is running a imported chip man. He wants run the Tuned i-Chip again.

So the battle for the Fastest SOHC continues.....

I think KLM is just right, we really dont know exactly which is the Fastest SOHC simply cos most of the cars in question havent run each other as yet. But as far as we know, Shamil's car is probably the Fastest SOHC currenly at the drags, closely followed by Razali and then Ravi. I think everyone who comes to watch the drags will know this. Yes there are a few Race-specced SOHC's around, namely Zaki's EF hatch, Dilan's EG8 and not forgetting Ishrak's Banshee! Ofcourse these cars weigh a lot less and are modded to the max, this is understandable cos their sole purpose is to RACE! But I still believe that the SOHC's at the drags will give a better fight than what we all expect! All in all they are all SOHC's and they are all FAST, never under-estimate them!

Cheers guys, keep up the burning!