• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Want To Buy A Used Car For 1.7 - 1.8 Million

CoolMan

I am a newbie and looking around to buy my first car for budget of 1.7 - 1.8 M. I don't like to go for an older one than 1999. I have the following cars in mind: Nissan FB15, Mazda 323/Familia (BJ5P), Suzuki Swift (not the beetle model), Nissan N16. Can you someone please advice me on which one to select on terms of trouble-freeness, easily-maintainable, resell-ability, driving pleasure, and somewhat comfortability, etc. If there is any other model that I can consider, please suggest.

I am a newbie and looking around to buy my first car for budget of 1.7 - 1.8 M. I don't like to go for an older one than 1999. I have the following cars in mind: Nissan FB15, Mazda 323/Familia (BJ5P), Suzuki Swift (not the beetle model), Nissan N16. Can you someone please advice me on which one to select on terms of trouble-freeness, easily-maintainable, resell-ability, driving pleasure, and somewhat comfortability, etc. If there is any other model that I can consider, please suggest.

Hi,

My FB15 one doing 9km/l of fuel consumption. It is auto one. I think manual FB15 one doing 12~13km/l fuel consumption. Therefore take mind fuel consumption also when purchasing a car.

HI

Im also refering to a car for the same budget..i prefer a Suzuki Swift as i can go for one made in 2003 or 2004.thats comparatively new one with FB15/N16 for this budget.can some body explain what is the different between center antenna and side antenna for a swift??

Let me give some more options with kind of ranked basis.

1. Toyota AE110 1999(Bcoz it's Toyota. Good on fuel, Resale value)

2. Nissan Presea Refina 2000 (Very Nice, Fun to Drive, Comfortable, Reliable, Excellent Interior, You will have to spend arround 14. So u'll save ur money :rolleyes: )

this price bracket has been discussed mate..but will summarize you the key areas.

ae110- corolla/sprinter - a well maintained one with YOM ABOVE 1999 will cost you well over 1.9 million these days. you are lucky if you find anything below that...Toyotas are reliable work horses..good on fuel. not much fun to drive..spares could be found in any corner of the island.and more importantly, can sell within few hours.

FB15/N16 -you can go for a slightly newer sunny for this price(year 2000) than a corolla..but not good on fuel , no fun to drive. but again spares are freely available and easy to sell...

honda EK-3 vi/virs-you can find a well maintained ek for this price range..got more aerodyanmic looks..fun to drive..very relaible...but spares are not common like sunnys and corollas..good on fuel.but slightly old model..can sell easily these days.. :lol:

mazda familia /323- you can go for a 2001 or 2002 famila or a 323 for this price, probably the neweset out of all.. reliable, got decent looks, not good on fuel like a corolla or civic. you also have the option of choosing the bj5w hatchback too..another lovely car..reselling may take a little long..

suzuki swift- cannot compare the look with the looks of above cars.. <_< , not a comfortable ride..not good on fuel but you can buy a 2004 or above model for your budget.

now the choice is yours.. :D

Let me give some more options with kind of ranked basis.

1. Toyota AE110 1999(Bcoz it's Toyota. Good on fuel, Resale value)

2. Nissan Presea Refina 2000 (Very Nice, Fun to Drive, Comfortable, Reliable, Excellent Interior, You will have to spend arround 14. So u'll save ur money :rolleyes: )

Thank you for your feedback.

HI

Im also refering to a car for the same budget..i prefer a Suzuki Swift as i can go for one made in 2003 or 2004.thats comparatively new one with FB15/N16 for this budget.can some body explain what is the different between center antenna and side antenna for a swift??

Thank you for your feedback.

this price bracket has been discussed mate..but will summarize you the key areas.

ae110- corolla/sprinter - a well maintained one with YOM ABOVE 1999 will cost you well over 1.9 million these days. you are lucky if you find anything below that...Toyotas are reliable work horses..good on fuel. not much fun to drive..spares could be found in any corner of the island.and more importantly, can sell within few hours.

FB15/N16 -you can go for a slightly newer sunny for this price(year 2000) than a corolla..but not good on fuel , no fun to drive. but again spares are freely available and easy to sell...

honda EK-3 vi/virs-you can find a well maintained ek for this price range..got more aerodyanmic looks..fun to drive..very relaible...but spares are not common like sunnys and corollas..good on fuel.but slightly old model..can sell easily these days.. :lol:

mazda familia /323- you can go for a 2001 or 2002 famila or a 323 for this price, probably the neweset out of all.. reliable, got decent looks, not good on fuel like a corolla or civic. you also have the option of choosing the bj5w hatchback too..another lovely car..reselling may take a little long..

suzuki swift- cannot compare the look with the looks of above cars.. <_< , not a comfortable ride..not good on fuel but you can buy a 2004 or above model for your budget.

now the choice is yours.. :D

Hi evergreen, Thank you for your advice and it was really useful and I could get a good understanding of where am I.

AE110 is slightly out of my budget and the interior of it is not that comfortable (I may be wrong). I will consider EK3 and will take Swift out of my option.

For Familia/323 ,are spares easily available?

Hi evergreen, Thank you for your advice and it was really useful and I could get a good understanding of where am I.

AE110 is slightly out of my budget and the interior of it is not that comfortable (I may be wrong). I will consider EK3 and will take Swift out of my option.

Dear friend , if it is your 1st car try AE110 and it wont give you much trouble and if you want you can resale very quickly than the other cars

Dear friend , if it is your 1st car try AE110 and it wont give you much trouble and if you want you can resale very quickly than the other cars

Yes, as much as I love the EK3, its better to go for the 110 as your first car to get the hang of things

Why dnt you think about Toyota Vitz. Now day people has a trend of echo friendly vehicles. I think Vitz is good for better fuel consumption.

familia/323 spares are freely availble including body parts. a car with good value for money.

• 2 months later...

im in the same price range but i would like to buy a hatchback here are my choices Vitz 2001/2002, March ak12 and Swift 2004. So please suggest me what's the best buy

Out of the above, go for Swift.

But I recommend, if you can buy "Mazda Demio" hatchback.

[Not latest one]

Out of the above, go for Swift.

But I recommend, if you can buy "Mazda Demio" hatchback.

[Not latest one]

Thank you for your quick reply

I think you recommended me Demio 2002-2007 model.

How about fuel consumption, ride quality, maintenance cost and reliability of Mazda Demio? and I heard Swift's fuel consumption is less compare to Vitz, in addition Vitz is more specious than swift

Edited by Laxman

Thank you for your quick reply

I think you recommended me Demio 2002-2007 model.

How about fuel consumption, ride quality, maintenance cost and reliability of Mazda Demio? and I heard Swift's fuel consumption is less compare to Vitz, in addition Vitz is more specious than swift

But you can find well maintained swift 2004 with lesser milage than a "U" grade vits of 2000/02. besides if you go for a manual transmision, swift also will be a good one in fuel consumption.

good one in fuel consumption.

How about fuel consumption, ride quality, maintenance cost and reliability of Mazda Demio?

Means bad in fuel Economy :lol:

Yes Laxman. Demio is excellent on fuel economy. Works minimum of 14 km/l. Quality, Reliability etc. are there.

Means bad in fuel Economy :lol:

Yes Laxman. Demio is excellent on fuel economy. Works minimum of 14 km/l. Quality, Reliability etc. are there.

On the contrary, a friend got a Demio/2 and it doesn't do well on fuel even though it's a manual and taken good care of. Good quality and reliability is true, but the car is quite heavy for a small hatch at around 1060kg for M/T and 1080kg for A/T, that's heavier than any EK3 even. Compare to a Swift which is around 880kg for M/T and 910kg for A/T.

Why dont you consider a 2001 - 2003 Lancer? Which is a much newer car for the same price. I saw there are few for sale last few days.

I use one which does easily 12-13km on fuel and good to drive also. Try and get ur hands on a CS2 or CS3 (1.5L or 1.6L) which are properly prowered. Even CS1 which is 1.3L has good pulling power and good on fuel.