• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Painting Costs

rman2000

Between 35K-50K, depending on the paint.. Thats what i think nyway! :wacko:

for the whole thing?I'm skeptical. Seeing as people charge around 4K for the buffer alone. If it's for the full car I'm assuming its more (maybe way more) than 50k. But hey you may be able to get it done cheaper at one of these small joints(and may get lucky with the price), but make sure they don't mess up your car in the process(such as swap parts). Also metallic colours will cost more, but I'm not sure how much more :blink: Its hard to estimate like that, best to visit places from Spraymech downwards and ask for an estimate

Hi Morgoth,

If you are not too bothered about getting it done at a "posh place", there is a guy I know whom I can reccomend. I first went to the garrage this guy works in for something completely different, and saw the work he had done on an old Toyota Corolla, mettalic paint, looked spotless to me, so the next time I had to get a paint job done, I went to him and he did a fantastic job, honestly my old mazda looked out the factory (for a few days:P)

and I must say his paint jobs at top class and I have stuck with him since, place is simple, has a good clientele though, and prices reasonable. Only complaint I have is he doesnt use 2K paints (I hope I got the right K its the higher quality paint though) because it is difficult to spray without a spray booth, cos the paint is so hardy its difficult to polish off blemishes etc ...

If you are interested I can direct you to him, I knew another good guy too, dont know where he works now,

The Don

Hi Morgoth,

The Don

Machang dont u mean rman2000 :jumping-smiley-013: But yea put the place here, I don't think it counts as advertising. I also got a job done at a small place in Borella, guy is a bit better as he uses 2k Paints(has a spraying thing), used to work at spraymech. Also did a superb job, and I reffered my friend who got his paint job messed up by the agents to him. He fixed it up, good price too. Sometimes these small places can do as good as any reputed place. Afterall, if the people that work at reputed places were not working there, they'd probably have their own small places as well :angry-smiley-048:

Theres a garage in IDH road Kolonnawa, excellent skills in painting & tinkering, very quick too.. Contact Priyantha : 0714130405

If this is in nyway against forum rules, plz edit or delete! :D

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay, a friend of mine had a serious medical emergency, I was too distracted with that to check up on Autolanka,

Well the dude is known as Chooti though this is probably his nick name, but everybody calls him that so I have never bothered finding out,

His present location is between Gansaba Junction (on high level road the next major junction after the Nugegoda junction) and Sunetra Devi Junction (on the 120 route) in what I think is Attidiya road, if you are coming from the Gansaba Junction side it is the first garrage after the bridge (not before) on the right hand side.

the last phone number I have of him is 0714946477

I might be a bit out of date on the info cos the last time I visited him was a year back but he did a pretty good job on my Car, now it needs touching up again because it has a few scratches thanks to my dad :blink:

The Don