• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How To Order A Spare Key

Janaka Prasad

Hi All,

Happy New Year 2011 for All!!!

Does any one know a Way to Order a Spare Key for My Honda Car.. Recently I have bought a Reconditioned Honda Airwave.. It Comes with only One Key.. The key is bit Different than the regular key, and can't duplicate using regular key cutting..

If any one having any expericece on the Please help me..

Thanks in Advance

Janaka

If it doesn't have the chip then order one online and have a shop cut it for you. If it does have a chip you would need to take it down to the dealer and get it programmed (there were some other places pn the sunday paper that said they program jkeys). Either way it would be cheaper for you to order the key online.

If it doesn't have the chip then order one online and have a shop cut it for you. If it does have a chip you would need to take it down to the dealer and get it programmed (there were some other places pn the sunday paper that said they program jkeys). Either way it would be cheaper for you to order the key online.

Hi,

Thanks for the Fast Response..

You mean to Order a Blank key and Cut the Key Here in Sri Lanka.. My Existing key is bit different compared to other regular keys, Bellow I'll Attach a Picture of it..

HONDAKEY.jpg

On the Image You can see the Key Cut Area, it's not like a Regilar keys..can this kind of keys cut in Sri Lanka? is there any known places to cut this kind of keys?

My key's having a Keyless Entry System (Remote Door Lock/Unlock), Can it be Programed Locally?

Thanks

Janaka

If I remember correctly the key cutting machine should be able to cut that. Is the keyless enty on the key itself or a seperate remote?

In some cases such as my vehicle the key can be programmed by cycling the key through the on-off position several times. Although I'm not sure if you would be able to do the same thing. You might want to google it ans see if you can program the keyless entry yourself or else you would need to go to the agbent and get them to program it to your car. Either way just find yourself a key and get it down here but first check if you have an immobilizer in your vehicle because if you do have one you are going to need to find a key with the chip.

Edited by jdnet

actually I did some checking. Here's how you fin out whether you have an immobilizer. Look at the instrument cluster while starting the vehicle up. If you have one a green key icon should light up.

My Vehicle having that Green Key Light on the Temp Meter.. But It only Lights up When I Stops the Vehicle and Opened the Door With out Removing the key from the key hole..

Thanks

Janaka

Hi,

As per the Vehicles Manual (I downloaded the Japanese Version of PDF from the Honda Site and Translated), this key equiped with the immobilization function. After Translating the Manual, It Shows like bellow..

The key below has been attached to this car. In all keys, [imobiraiza] function

(Vehicle robbery prevention device) has been attached.

Thanks

Janaka

hmmm well i'm not really sure now I think the easiest thing for you to do is take it down to stafford. They would be able to run the chassis number and see if you have an immobilizer. Check the price with them too and ask around at some shopd in panchigawatte how much it would cost to import the key for you. Regardless of where you bought it from, the agent should be able to program the key for you if you have an immobilizer. They will also be able to program the remotes. If you are getting a second remote you will need to get both reprogrammed as the codes will change.

hmmm well i'm not really sure now I think the easiest thing for you to do is take it down to stafford. They would be able to run the chassis number and see if you have an immobilizer. Check the price with them too and ask around at some shopd in panchigawatte how much it would cost to import the key for you. Regardless of where you bought it from, the agent should be able to program the key for you if you have an immobilizer. They will also be able to program the remotes. If you are getting a second remote you will need to get both reprogrammed as the codes will change.

Hi,

Thanks for your time.. As you said I'll try the Stafford first..

Thanks

Janaka

Hi,

Thanks for your time.. As you said I'll try the Stafford first..

Thanks

Janaka

No prob dude. Sorry I couldnt help you out more. Oh yeah BTW the airwave was sold in Singapore so you should be able to get the key through a guy who imports stuff through singapore. It should be a cheaper.

• 10 years later...