• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Passo Steering Rattle

Samanl

Question

Dear all,

I have purchased a Toyota Passo 2007 unregistered car which already recorded 50000 KM. I feel a slight rattle sound (I think it may be the rack or rackend) when i drive it in the roads which does not have carpets.

I heard that this sound is normal with EPS. Please advice me. Please let me know whether i could purchase the rack (if needed, yet in sri lanka.

Thank you

Samanl

8 answers to this question

Dear all,

I have purchased a Toyota Passo 2007 unregistered car which already recorded 50000 KM. I feel a slight rattle sound (I think it may be the rack or rackend) when i drive it in the roads which does not have carpets.

I heard that this sound is normal with EPS. Please advice me. Please let me know whether i could purchase the rack (if needed, yet in sri lanka.

Thank you

Samanl

Did you check your power steering oil ?

Does this rattle only come when you turn or is it still there even while driving straight ?

Did you check your power steering oil ?

Does this rattle only come when you turn or is it still there even while driving straight ?

It has got EPS. This is a born problem for PASSO. I also purchased unregistered 1.3 Lt one for my wife and 30000 km on the clock and it is also having the same problem.

It has got EPS. This is a born problem for PASSO. I also purchased unregistered 1.3 Lt one for my wife and 30000 km on the clock and it is also having the same problem.

Do we need to fix it immediately?. I do not have much knowledge on EPS.

Do we need to fix it immediately?. I do not have much knowledge on EPS.

One qualified mechanic told me that replacing the rack bush give a sort of solution up to a certain extend. Putting a rack is a costly alternative.EPS is electric power steering

This is a common with any car that has EPS. Even in certain Honda's and Nissan thats the case. So nothing to worry. Just continue using as it is without spending unnecessarily.

I also read this in one of a thread. i wonder why is this.