• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Unregistered Car

AbeysinghE

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum.I'm going to buy my first car in March.But I'm wondering what is the best car i should buy??????...my expectations are as follows..can anybody give some expert ideas please...that will really help me a lot..

01.Good fuel efficiency.

02.Reasonable resale value.(good second market).

03.Unregistered.

04.Reasonable ground clearance.

I'm looking for a sedan..can anybody help me on this?...my maximum budget is Rs. 2.8 million.

Thanks.

Abey.. :rolleyes:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking of a Toyota Belta 2008 model 1000cc one..will it be a good option for my budget??? (2.8 million)

Yes, if you can find one at that price range. I've not heard any major problems with the car. Probably because it's still very new. With the A/C on, for a 4 seater sedan it's a bit underpowered for my tastes. But that's subjective.

Fuel figures, it's safe to assume that you'll get 10km per liter. You might get a slightly higher fuel efficiency at the beginning because the everything is new and in good shape. Be weary of absurd fuel figures people pull from their nether region though.

why don't you try finding a madza axela? If you look had enougn you can get a 2003 for that price. It's going to be a few years older but an excellent car to say the least. Sure beats that 3 cylinder belta. The only problem is that is will be a registered one.

The next option you would have is the demio. If you are into the whole hatchback deal it looks pretty sweet and you can get a unregistered one for less that your maximum price.

Yes, if you can find one at that price range. I've not heard any major problems with the car. Probably because it's still very new. With the A/C on, for a 4 seater sedan it's a bit underpowered for my tastes. But that's subjective.

Fuel figures, it's safe to assume that you'll get 10km per liter. You might get a slightly higher fuel efficiency at the beginning because the everything is new and in good shape. Be weary of absurd fuel figures people pull from their nether region though.

Thanks for the reply.I've changed my mind to go for a fit aira ...I think it's having a better performance..I personally don't like hatch back ones.As you said I also feel 1000CC belta will be bit less performance according to my taste...

why don't you try finding a madza axela? If you look had enougn you can get a 2003 for that price. It's going to be a few years older but an excellent car to say the least. Sure beats that 3 cylinder belta. The only problem is that is will be a registered one.

The next option you would have is the demio. If you are into the whole hatchback deal it looks pretty sweet and you can get a unregistered one for less that your maximum price.

Thanks for the reply mate..Yes axela is a nice cool car with a very nice design ...and I don't like demio since i don't like hatch back models personally..I have some of my close friends who owns Mazda vehicles..they all are telling that mazdas don't have a good second hand value in Sri Lanka,but i think it's subjective..anyway now i'm thinking of forgetting about belta 1000 cc and go for either 1300 cc one or Honda fit aria..will this be a good option?..

anyway now i'm thinking of forgetting about belta 1000 cc and go for either 1300 cc one or Honda fit aria..will this be a good option?..

Given these two choices I would select the Aria. Comes in 1.5cc and being good overall. Take good care of it and do the services at the right time, it'll serve you well :-)

HI THERE!

i think Toyota belta/yaris in 1300 cc had low pick up but however very economical..belta 1000 cc engine am sure is more less responsive and will burn more fuel when fully loaded with passengers and baggage. also mind you.. if u travel to Kandy on steep hills. if u like a 1000 cc go for the Tyota Vitz.

Honda fit aria is with CVT gears ( constantly varaiable trans= belt driven) requires good maintenance and correct CVT oil change and time.How ever Most cars come with cvt now days because they give good fuel economy.example allion and premio...

Normal belief in sri lanka is cvt honda's have a bad reputation because of one modal of civic cvt troubles.Due to too much of colombo traffic stop and go situations..

correct oil changes and good driving habits like shifting to Nuetral on traffic lights insted of On D will give extend life of the system.

correct oil changes and good driving habits like shifting to Nuetral on traffic lights insted of On D will give extend life of the system.

The whole point of an autobox is to not change gears. Constantly shifting from N to D or vice versa will probably wear out the tranny components instead of extending it's life.

The whole point of an autobox is to not change gears. Constantly shifting from N to D or vice versa will probably wear out the tranny components instead of extending it's life.

I think he might have a point here, when you put into N you will actually reduce the wear on you torque converter (i think, not exactly an expert on this)

Im not suggesting you shift to N on every light, just the ones you know will take 1-2 mins.

I think he might have a point here, when you put into N you will actually reduce the wear on you torque converter (i think, not exactly an expert on this)

Im not suggesting you shift to N on every light, just the ones you know will take 1-2 mins.

Isn't the torque converter designed to let the engine freewheel (to an extent) at idle speeds?

when you put into N you will actually reduce the wear on you torque converter (i think, not exactly an expert on this)

Makes no difference, only the transmission will get disconnected from the wheels, but the impeller will continue rotating, heating up the fluid when idling but not moving, even when in neutral. Afaik, the only way to stop all movement within a torque converter is to stop the engine, which isn't practical unless in extreme traffic jams.

Isn't the torque converter designed to let the engine freewheel (to an extent) at idle speeds?

Not fully as you said, the car tends to creep if you release the brake even at idle which you'd also be familiar with the Tuscani :) So not exactly freewheeling but the turbine not turning even though the engine is applying some power to it.

Makes no difference, only the transmission will get disconnected from the wheels, but the impeller will continue rotating, heating up the fluid when idling but not moving, even when in neutral. Afaik, the only way to stop all movement within a torque converter is to stop the engine, which isn't practical unless in extreme traffic jams.

Not fully as you said, the car tends to creep if you release the brake even at idle which you'd also be familiar with the Tuscani :) So not exactly freewheeling but the turbine not turning even though the engine is applying some power to it.

Thanks for the info mate :alc:

So i guess its not worth it then ?

Thanks for the info mate :alc:

So i guess its not worth it then ?

You're welcome and makes no difference to the torque converter, though it's ok if you're getting stuck in the same place for more than a min as it'd stop trying to move the car forward while you apply brakes to stop it in one place. And in CVTs, it may reduce wear on the belt/s. But the TC will be rotating in any case.

I have been told to shift to N if the traffic holds more than 20-25 sec because, it releases the load from the wheels.

Load in the sense the power transmitted through the engine, so it may reduce wear on brake pads and the diff.

Oh and if the ATF cooler part of your radiator isn't in good condition, on a very hot day if idling for a very long time boxed within a lot of other vehicles producing a lot of heat, the ATF may not cool down enough and properties may change or even boil, needless to say that's disastrous for the GB.

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Load in the sense the power transmitted through the engine, so it may reduce wear on brake pads and the diff.

shouldn't make a difference to brake pads - pads/discs wear when brakes are applied (as they move against each other). once the car is at standstill, no wear.